Author Topic: Famous Old Characters  (Read 91926 times)

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Famous Old Characters
« Reply #105: October 19, 2016, 03:40:01 PM »
Not within the last year, but Armstrong Ironsides should be on the list.

A very well-played epic hero who held multiple positions of power in different realms and commanded a lot of (largely behind the scenes) influence built up through private correspondence with prominent characters. Ill-fated first and last King of Fane. Held off the entire army of Sirion for at least a couple of battles in Oligarch on his own only backed up by militia. They eventually killed him through a duel with the General of Nivemus in the city.

Probably the best death of a character I've witnessed - entirely fitting and inevitable for the character, but tragic and lamented. A true tragic hero, loyal and ever ready for battle, but brought low by a sense of duty combined with rashness and an inflated heroic ego. His death was commemorated with an actual roleplayed entombment in Morshes that was attended by friends and enemies alike, which lasted several days.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 03:41:45 PM by Foxglove »

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #106: October 19, 2016, 05:06:56 PM »
Talking of Ironsides, seems to me like Bowie was involved in his share of Dwi events.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakilevo

« Reply #107: October 19, 2016, 06:55:01 PM »
Held off the entire army of Sirion for at least a couple of battles in Oligarch on his own only backed up by militia.

No. He had militias + his nobles. Plus he only fought twice. 1st a draw. 2nd attackers won. He had 22k CS or so. I still have both battle reports on my wiki family page XD

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #108: October 19, 2016, 09:39:24 PM »
Rakaarox Nabarl. He's ruled Outer Tilog for how long now?

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #109: October 20, 2016, 02:06:49 AM »
Rakaarox Nabarl. He's ruled Outer Tilog for how long now?

As long as the Abyss is deep.

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #110: October 20, 2016, 03:32:04 AM »
He was ruler back when Vladamire was still a fresh faced teen knight out of Hilly Holes. Vlad's 96 years old now (started his career, and I started playing BM, in 2007-02-15)...

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: October 20, 2016, 06:07:25 PM »
No. He had militias + his nobles. Plus he only fought twice. 1st a draw. 2nd attackers won. He had 22k CS or so. I still have both battle reports on my wiki family page XD

Only 22k as lord of Oligarch? Kinda disappointing :p
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #112: February 07, 2017, 02:57:08 PM »
My character on Dwilight was offered the wickest vest of Jonsu. Had the adventurer arrested and ordered the item's destruction. XD

Edit: there aren't any actual means of destroying an item, though, are there?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 03:13:29 PM by Chenier »
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #113: February 08, 2017, 04:08:28 AM »
Holding on the item for long enough without repairing it should do the trick. Condition gets to 0%, bye bye Jonsu's vest.

P.S: Wouldn't touch that thing with a laser pointer, let alone bare hands. Keep it in a leaden chest, Chenier!  ;)
D'Espana Family

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #114: February 08, 2017, 09:39:13 AM »
My character on Dwilight was offered the wickest vest of Jonsu. Had the adventurer arrested and ordered the item's destruction. XD

Edit: there aren't any actual means of destroying an item, though, are there?

You can simply drop it of course, if you don't want it. But that will not mean it is destroyed.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115: February 08, 2017, 10:09:31 AM »
What's the story with this vest of Jonsu?
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #116: February 08, 2017, 04:46:59 PM »
What's the story with this vest of Jonsu?
Jonsu was a very controversial, hated character. So a Wicked Vest of Jonsu is an apt unique item name.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #117: February 08, 2017, 04:49:40 PM »
Indeed. I was offered the item, didn't want to touch it. :P

Dropping it risks having adventurers find it again. You'd need to bring it really, really far to drop it to minimize that risk.

I've actually never wanted to *destroy* an item before, so I actually find this item to be rather interesting in an obviously unintended way. :P

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #118: February 08, 2017, 09:18:57 PM »
Indeed. I was offered the item, didn't want to touch it. :P

Dropping it risks having adventurers find it again. You'd need to bring it really, really far to drop it to minimize that risk.

I've actually never wanted to *destroy* an item before, so I actually find this item to be rather interesting in an obviously unintended way. :P

Have some obscure char that never joins battles (a priest or something) take the item and just keep it untill decay. That way it'll be destroyed forever.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #119: February 08, 2017, 09:56:58 PM »
Have some obscure char that never joins battles (a priest or something) take the item and just keep it untill decay. That way it'll be destroyed forever.

While that could work, I don't really know any off-hand, and it's a little underwhelming.