Author Topic: Famous Old Characters  (Read 91891 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Famous Old Characters
« Reply #120: October 14, 2017, 02:45:47 AM »
I know Zakky was sarcastic. Chenier was not.

And I may well be biased having only a character in Swordfell, then again we're all biased that way. But I get the vibe that he is "known". That does get him a bit famous or "infamous" at least. Then again I have no idea of other Domitius characters. Then again I never had any idea about any other JeVondair characters other than Selenia until recently. But then again when I finally had it was OH MY F... GOD.

The question is - do you need to be impactfull to be famous? Or do you just need to be known/unique/liked etc. ?

One thing I'm certain - I'll be damned if Archibald and Purrcious are not on this list a year from now.   :D
Talk all you want, you don't get chars like that factory made.

The sarcasm was not detected.

But yea, I think you are biased because you are in Swordfell, because as Gabanus said, Swordfell has no continental relevance, nor even any regional influence. They have never even had a visible impact upon a mere neighbor.

I don't dislike Crixus, I literally never hear of him. And I've been on Dwilight since the start, skipping roughly 2015. At most, you could say I dislike the idea of leaders of such passive realms (which would also include Fissoa and Madina, don't worry you aren't alone in the club). That said, I also don't ever hear anything about those rulers either. Which, frankly, is kinda at the heart of why I dislike them. But that's the complete opposite of being famous. Or infamous.  So yea, if one can be either impactful or famous is beside the point, because I deem him to be neither.

I could list a bunch of characters I played with that I would consider noteworthy or memorable, but I limit myself mostly to people I know had a more meaningful impact. Having joined the realm in 2016 makes one poorly placed to judge "famous old characters", because that implies that much of this fame was achieved before you joined.

Allison Kabrinski rocked the boat. A lot. She was pivotal in the spread of SA, the destruction of realms, and, perhaps debatably, setting the pieces that also readied the ground for Jonsu breaking SA to pieces. She even named her realm after herself... Kabrinskia...

Dragomir? He's Astrum's ruler since 2015? Honestly I'm a little confused I thought he's been there longer. Not as outspoken as Allison or Jonsu, perhaps, but as the head of the continent's most powerful realm, he has certainly been impactful. Though for some reason I misremembered his age, and the point about the tie of impactfulness and notoriety is valid, so maybe with hindsight I'd remove him from the list.

But Allison? Way more (in)famous than Crixus will ever be.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron