Author Topic: Famous Old Characters  (Read 91911 times)

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Famous Old Characters
« Reply #150: January 06, 2018, 03:22:51 AM »
I think I've managed to get 2 of my characters to Vita's list. Zakilevo and Kurlock. Wanted to get a third one in at some point XD

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #151: January 11, 2018, 07:26:52 AM »
Allison was a hoot to play with.

I miss her.

Like a hole in the head.

;)

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #152: April 21, 2018, 11:34:14 PM »
One can argue that if a year old interested player doesn't know anything about something happening before his time then perhaps that something wasn't that impactful after all. I never heard of this Alison. I've heard plenty about Jonsu and Mathurin.

D'awww. *blushes*
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

conDoin

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #153: September 05, 2018, 12:45:10 AM »
Man, reading this was a blast from the past. Loved the parts about Fontan and LoF. I'm just coming back, but I used to play Tal conDoin in Fontan. A minor player, and my only character to have a decent impact I think.

Fun times though, from LoF through the Sirion War and all. All the big names were hit though, I think. From Gregor to Basileus, Hamilton and all. There was one though...Zhakev? I can't remember, but I feel like it was an Eastern European name. He was a player in Fontan, not sure if he would qualify for this list.

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #154: September 06, 2018, 07:08:41 PM »
Man, reading this was a blast from the past. Loved the parts about Fontan and LoF. I'm just coming back, but I used to play Tal conDoin in Fontan. A minor player, and my only character to have a decent impact I think.

Fun times though, from LoF through the Sirion War and all. All the big names were hit though, I think. From Gregor to Basileus, Hamilton and all. There was one though...Zhakev? I can't remember, but I feel like it was an Eastern European name. He was a player in Fontan, not sure if he would qualify for this list.

Welcome back Tal! Fontan is sadly long gone but there's plenty of PvP action on EC, or if you fancy some PvE masochism both Beluaterra and Dwilight are desperate for new nobles.

conDoin

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #155: September 11, 2018, 03:42:17 PM »
Haha I appreciate the welcome!

I'm definitely back on EC, and I've made a foray into Beluaterra ( Where has my beloved Atamara gone?  :'( ).

I'm debating where to go in Dwilight. I prefer PvP to PvE, but it looks like I'm going to have to take what I can get.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #156: September 11, 2018, 03:47:48 PM »

I'm definitely back on EC, and I've made a foray into Beluaterra ( Where has my beloved Atamara gone?  :'( ).

I'm debating where to go in Dwilight. I prefer PvP to PvE, but it looks like I'm going to have to take what I can get.

There's basically no PvP on Dwi and BT.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #157: September 13, 2018, 11:00:25 PM »

On Dwi the Lurias have plans but we need additional numbers and on BT I'm always looking for new blood to assist in Ar Agyr as we've some prime real estate to recover from the hordes.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #158: October 08, 2018, 10:21:58 PM »
I love this thread. How's that yearly poll coming? How would it be set up?
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #159: October 12, 2018, 03:38:34 AM »
My general policy has been to not add living characters to the list. However, I definitely think she'll qualify once deceased, so I can add her to the 'waiting list' of living but famous characters. Garas and Glaumring too.

There have been some exceptions, mostly to those who have been paused for several months, or whose characters come from the Near Origins (~2003) of BM. These are quite the rare exception compared to the other names on the lists. I'll consider Glaumring for an exception, due to joining Dwilight so early and still being around. Possibly Karibash too.

Also, I was planning to make it an annual community event (poll each noble on each island) at some point, but I don't know how likely that'll be, with my diminishing engagement level.

Colonies are not an afterthought, though there are decidedly less names there.

Ultimately, as I said above, I'd like to make it an annual event (say, over Christmas/NYW week, when things are more relaxed) where each island's nobles vote on the most worthy noble who deceased/deleted/retired over the past year.

Glaumring is now 110years old as a hero.... I don't think he'll ever get on a deceased list, ive been trying for decades!
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #160: October 12, 2018, 04:15:23 AM »
I've recently learned that the oldest dead hero in BattleMaster was 102 years old (second oldest 97, and youngest 16, with 3 more at 17). So, once Glaumring or any other ancient hero older than 102, at least they'll set a new record for oldest dead hero. ;)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 04:55:04 PM by Vita »

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161: October 12, 2018, 06:35:05 PM »
Who's the oldest living hero alive then?
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #162: October 12, 2018, 10:58:05 PM »
Yao Ling?
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Bluelake

• BM Dev Team
  • Noble Lord
  • Ta|i - Bluelake Family since 2007
    • View Profile
    • Family Tree
« Reply #163: October 16, 2018, 03:21:27 PM »
Today is Thank Wimpie for Being an Awesome Dev Day. Give Wimpie some gratitude for his constant bugfixing, pestering of admins to get things done, and general Wimpieness.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #164: October 17, 2018, 12:26:47 AM »
Maybe KK at 135yo? https://battlemaster.org/stable/CharacterDetails.php?ID=6647&InWorld=8

Fissoa could use a war...

Ha! Luria better get to it, because things are too easy right now, and getting the urge to just sprawl over in every direction until we trigger a new invasion for y'all.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron