Author Topic: Famous Old Characters  (Read 93291 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Famous Old Characters
« Reply #90: October 19, 2016, 02:55:44 PM »
Yea... I had a number of characters succeed each other on BT. They operated in different places and took different angles on things, but overall tended to be pushing things in the same direction. Louis-Joseph founded the Blood Cult, which pulled some neat things off for a while even after I got bored and deleted him. Not sure how long I played him, but he had a fairly long career. Jean-Olivier's ended earlier, dying in battle soon after taking power in RoF. Then there's Nicolas, who  pushed Enweil out of its torpor and into war, setting off a number of wars that would spark conflicts for ages to come, before dying defending Enweilieos from the monsters. Guillaume picked things up, eventually becoming ruler a few times, and founding IVF. Many of those spent some time in the North of the West stirring things up over there, and at other times influencing agents. I often had two characters in two distant realms at a time to better pull off pan-beluaterran intrigue.

It was fun while it lasted, when BT was still very populous, when there was still a lot of active players that were willing to go off beaten paths to shake things up, and when the geography lent itself fairly well to conflicts.

I'd have a hard time saying which one of these BT characters had the most influence, myself, though I suppose people will remember them differently according to when and where they played. JO had the shortest career (albeit not really that short), but he played a pivotal role in aligning the family onto Enweil and the profane. I actually started out with two characters in Fronen and was rather anti-Enweil to begin with. Then after being recruted into a failed coup, LJ exiled himself to Melhed, which had its uses but wasn't very determining on the family, while JO went to RoF, which definately set the tone and goal for the years to follow.

There were also a number of less notable characters, but Jean-Olivier, Nicolas, and Guillaume had similar impact on Beluaterra as Louis-Joseph did, I'd reckon.

That being said, nice to have a couple of my characters mentioned regardless. :P
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron