Author Topic: Famous Old Characters  (Read 92509 times)

Moto_o

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Famous Old Characters
« Reply #60: October 31, 2015, 06:47:22 PM »
Don't forget the hero's of Falasan:

Queen Cathrine Aeternam - first Queen
Queen Ilya Bluelake - last and most beloved Queen of Falasan
Gucky Zotral - was a long of Falasan, also great name
Maniac Zotral and Shirk Motosuwa - betrayers of Falasan
Ham Hormodson - Arch Priest of Falasan
Chi Motosuwa - Last defender of Falasan "Loyal till the end of her days"

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: November 01, 2015, 12:10:41 PM »
Of all those listed, this one sounds the most awesome:
Lich King's doughnut of death

Death by doughnut!
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

Eirikr

« Reply #62: November 01, 2015, 02:56:49 PM »
No "Butter knife of the Empire"? Or "Giant Badger hat of Atamara"?

You cannot wield the Giant Badgers! The best you can do is gather them and direct their wrath!

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: November 06, 2015, 01:44:56 PM »
Some old EC names:

Pen'Guin - first ruler of Sirion
Saldor - first ruler of Omsk
Hydormie (I think...) - second ruler of Itorunt (Ryndhal being the first)
Emmanuel - creator of the Triumvirate religion, and former ruler of Itorunt
Zakath - possibly first ruler of Perdan... One of first characters in game anyway.

From Colonies:

Moira
Angus
Despyria (though that might be a bit controversial...)
Mortimer (a regular NPC for many years)
Dethargos
Broken
Valast

More to be added if I can remember any more from that far back. I have a few on the tip of my tongue that aren't quite appearing...
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: November 10, 2015, 09:27:27 AM »
Sulliven was Duke of Oligarch if i recall correctly and creator of the KDF Lions. Basically... he was "the man" responsible for Fontans military success. I 'd created the Red Dragons to counter the Lions but couldnt really test myself against him because as soon as the RD was created the whole Locking/Cheating/Whatever happened. Murat Kalkandelen (Sulliven's right hand) took over the military by the time Ryu was General and even when he was good he wasnt nearly as good as Sulliven. Elberan Carnes (Another old character) created the Manticores after the Lions been disbanded, a pure cavalry army, achieving some victories, but was no match for a incredibly balanced and heavily coordinated Red Dragons.

Bad english, cheater or not, or whatever, he was a tough smart rival.

PS: The whole cheating/locking, was roleplayed as Jon Paul Ogren (another old char) husband of Katrina uncovering Sulliven's deeds and later was found assassinated by Moira Dubhaine (another oldie) in revenge for the disappearance of former Lion master.

PS2: Fun to recall those times. Best time i had in Battlemaster. Amazing roleplays, great in-game motives, plots, spys, massive strategy and most important, way more players.

Moira was one of the more active "constitutionalists" in Fontan along with former Chancellor Mikhail Romanov (who should also be on this list). She spent most of her career fighting with Duncan Atreides for the office of Judge and at odds with Sulliven after being dismissed from the Lions over her opposition to founding the Sultanate of Asena. Oh, and she also founded the Bureau of Irregular Warfare which Basilius (another legend) sponsored for raiding behind enemy lines and general mischief. Her sister Brigdha (now a respectable priestess in Sirion) was a very active Black Marketeer.

Other names I remember from EC back then include Rogal Dorn and Tal. Oh and not to forget Armstrong Ironsides, self-proclaimed "Hero of Democracy" who seemed to spend most of his career fighting against Fontan until he finally became Duke of Oligarch and seceded for a very short-lived one-character realm.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: November 10, 2015, 11:53:19 AM »
I remember Moira well, had some amazing RP's with her. And she was more at odd with Aeneas (me) than with Sulliven as Suvillven didn't write that much. Ultimately led to some weird love/hate relationship, good times :)
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: November 12, 2015, 11:52:52 AM »
I remember Moira well, had some amazing RP's with her. And she was more at odd with Aeneas (me) than with Sulliven as Suvillven didn't write that much. Ultimately led to some weird love/hate relationship, good times :)

That wolfshead sword Aeneas gave her at the tournament in Partora is still doing the rounds in the family. Rhidhana was wielding it when she fell in battle, then it was rescued and spirited to Aednadh who used it in the Sirio-Perdan war, and more recently Brigdha took it from the Temple of the Flow in Oligarch where it had become a cult object. I had hoped Aibhlinn would earn her spurs and the blade could be passed on again but the character limit changes make that unlikely.

I have all of Moira's RPs in the wiki along with the rest of the Dubhaine corpus - but thankfully not her political letters!

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: November 13, 2015, 01:25:17 AM »
I almost forgot. Sir Ryu, Sirion General who was practically in charge during the great war in north on EC island before his disappearance. The one who personally mentored my character in the arts of war. We(3 allied realms) won many battles under his leadership.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: November 14, 2015, 07:34:52 PM »
That wolfshead sword Aeneas gave her at the tournament in Partora is still doing the rounds in the family. Rhidhana was wielding it when she fell in battle, then it was rescued and spirited to Aednadh who used it in the Sirio-Perdan war, and more recently Brigdha took it from the Temple of the Flow in Oligarch where it had become a cult object. I had hoped Aibhlinn would earn her spurs and the blade could be passed on again but the character limit changes make that unlikely.

I have all of Moira's RPs in the wiki along with the rest of the Dubhaine corpus - but thankfully not her political letters!

Not the political ones? Damn those were fun, the letter wars :-)

I did RP my family as a decendent from Aeneas though. Meaning that Garas is in fact his grandson, which Aeneas' daughter send off to Dwilight when both of them were in great danger and Aeneas himself assasinated when he led the Sartanian Church.

Zakilevo

« Reply #69: November 14, 2015, 08:00:36 PM »
I almost forgot. Sir Ryu, Sirion General who was practically in charge during the great war in north on EC island before his disappearance. The one who personally mentored my character in the arts of war. We(3 allied realms) won many battles under his leadership.

Yeah that sucked. He rage quit from getting reported for something. Thought he was getting bullied I believe. I was surprised how well the north did without him though.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: November 14, 2015, 08:03:51 PM »
I think I remember a time in Fontan with Hamilton and there being something like a letter per minute for like 3 hours straight, with probably a letter per 5 minutes for the next 8 hours. So much 'letter war' with military council secretly founding SoA, the Assembly going 'what?', Gregor seceding to CoF, banishments, and then the Krimml Incident. And that was Hamilton's first week or two in Fontan. :P

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: November 14, 2015, 08:51:27 PM »
Some people's idea of being bullied is a bit skewed. Like "I was reported for breaking the inalienable rights", or "they don't agree with me and won't just shut up about it ".
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: November 14, 2015, 10:12:58 PM »
I think I remember a time in Fontan with Hamilton and there being something like a letter per minute for like 3 hours straight, with probably a letter per 5 minutes for the next 8 hours. So much 'letter war' with military council secretly founding SoA, the Assembly going 'what?', Gregor seceding to CoF, banishments, and then the Krimml Incident. And that was Hamilton's first week or two in Fontan. :P

Fontan Assembly was a lot of fun, even before the SoA question. I can't remember anymore though which rat betrayed our plan for the new realm though, was a bit too soon, leaving me to clean the mess mostly. And in Fontan, that was never easy, nothing was :-)

And Ryu's burden was a tough one and after the Oligarch incident, nobody really knows who to credit anymore hehe.

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: November 15, 2015, 12:59:18 PM »

Hamilton arrived at just the right time :) Fontan was really two distinct realms by that point: one based in the military council and run as a dictatorship, the other the democratic establishment. Neither ever quite had the support needed to purge the other and some like Basilius straddled the two groups.

The military party kept getting Duncan elected judge only for him to get captured in battle and have Moira take over for a few days, but then being a hardcore supporter of democracy she'd step down for elections and he'd be back in office again. Then a couple of times she was elected only for his supporters to protest her out of office. Her decision in Armstrong vs. Fontan particularly annoyed the hell out of them as Jon Paul was the new golden boy and being 'fined' (which Moira had to pay herself because he was General at the time) kicked up a real furore.

It seemed only appropriate when he tried to implicate the Grand Masters of the Lions in his assassination that Moira step forward with a dodgy dossier (well, several dodgy crates of dossiers) and claim responsibility in Three Musketeers fashion :)

These days I don't have the time for all that letter writing or for regular RPs so instead I content myself with ticking off weird achievements in the Colonies where the pace of play is considerably slower.

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: November 15, 2015, 01:03:12 PM »
Fontan Assembly was a lot of fun, even before the SoA question. I can't remember anymore though which rat betrayed our plan for the new realm though, was a bit too soon, leaving me to clean the mess mostly. And in Fontan, that was never easy, nothing was :-)

And Ryu's burden was a tough one and after the Oligarch incident, nobody really knows who to credit anymore hehe.

The rat if I remember rightly was Johhnn (sp?) who was a longstanding member of the high command and dumped several weeks' of letters in the Assembly revealing the SoA plan in detail.