Author Topic: Famous Old Characters  (Read 92528 times)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Famous Old Characters
« Reply #75: November 15, 2015, 09:00:49 PM »
The rat if I remember rightly was Johhnn (sp?) who was a longstanding member of the high command and dumped several weeks' of letters in the Assembly revealing the SoA plan in detail.

Been too long for me to remember tbh. Also the military council was very much a 'democracy' as in, they all seemed to agree on the plan etc and discussed quite a bit. But maybe Fontan will one day be restored.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: November 16, 2015, 10:29:57 AM »
Hamilton arrived at just the right time :) Fontan was really two distinct realms by that point: one based in the military council and run as a dictatorship, the other the democratic establishment. Neither ever quite had the support needed to purge the other and some like Basilius straddled the two groups.

The military party kept getting Duncan elected judge only for him to get captured in battle and have Moira take over for a few days, but then being a hardcore supporter of democracy she'd step down for elections and he'd be back in office again. Then a couple of times she was elected only for his supporters to protest her out of office. Her decision in Armstrong vs. Fontan particularly annoyed the hell out of them as Jon Paul was the new golden boy and being 'fined' (which Moira had to pay herself because he was General at the time) kicked up a real furore.

It seemed only appropriate when he tried to implicate the Grand Masters of the Lions in his assassination that Moira step forward with a dodgy dossier (well, several dodgy crates of dossiers) and claim responsibility in Three Musketeers fashion :)

These days I don't have the time for all that letter writing or for regular RPs so instead I content myself with ticking off weird achievements in the Colonies where the pace of play is considerably slower.
Ah Jon Paul. Bring me back some old memories. My character Brock was in fact participated as adventurer in service of its Fontan liege lord to kill Jon Paul evil souls, monsters and undead alikes, in a very long Roleplays of many different characters at that time. We had much fun doing RPs. Imagine this, I think my character Brock the adventurer was the very first adventurer to be discussed in Fontan council too. His name came out due to his breaking many nobles Unique Items, he was arrested by own Fontan realm, beaten when he was caught by nobles in the regions. He could be executed but luckily the Fontan Ruler helped him much. He would later go on to become Fontan Banker when he got enough Recommendation letters to be ennobled(if there is such a word).
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: November 17, 2015, 12:53:44 PM »
Ah Jon Paul. Bring me back some old memories. My character Brock was in fact participated as adventurer in service of its Fontan liege lord to kill Jon Paul evil souls, monsters and undead alikes, in a very long Roleplays of many different characters at that time. We had much fun doing RPs. Imagine this, I think my character Brock the adventurer was the very first adventurer to be discussed in Fontan council too. His name came out due to his breaking many nobles Unique Items, he was arrested by own Fontan realm, beaten when he was caught by nobles in the regions. He could be executed but luckily the Fontan Ruler helped him much. He would later go on to become Fontan Banker when he got enough Recommendation letters to be ennobled(if there is such a word).

That was an incredibly chaotic period. Aside from the ongoing war there was also deep religious division with Duke Richard bringing the Church of Ibladesh to Krimml and Jon Paul becoming its most prominent convert. Both Moira and Brigdha were deepy opposed to CoI getting a foothold in Fontan because of its theocratic world-view - much as Rhidhana would later oppose Westmoor because of King Jor's leadership of the Church of Humanity.

The final years of Fontan with Basilius as Chancellor, Brock as Banker and Rhidhana as Minister of Defence were pretty tough going but also a lot of fun. Relations with Sirion were slowly thawing after the creation of Nivemus and a succession of borders wars with Westmoor went our way despite our weaker position. If it hadn't been for the Auvrandil clan moving in and making the realm unplayable I think we could have turned the situation around.

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: November 17, 2015, 01:01:13 PM »
Been too long for me to remember tbh. Also the military council was very much a 'democracy' as in, they all seemed to agree on the plan etc and discussed quite a bit. But maybe Fontan will one day be restored.

Part of me would love to see that, but I've my doubts that there are enough old Fontan players still around to put its traditions back in place - and without those it'd be a very different realm.

I've tried my best to instil a bit of that in Sirion through a more republican lens but backed off from completing the project after the tied election when I nearly became Chancellor and lost Negev. Though in hindsight I should have carried through with that and established a Duchy in the town (assuming the rules work the same as on South Island).

I know it's silly to have an emotional attachment to a single region, but Negev's been in Dubhaine hands for most of the past six years and I've turned down Dukedom's to keep it :)

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: November 23, 2015, 03:34:26 AM »
Are we forgetting someone? Aka Legend of AT and of Item Finding/Creation

Celestial Fury
Galen Fury
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Noble family

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: December 04, 2015, 08:58:59 AM »
Ivore on Atamara. Still consider him one of the best infiltrator assassins the game has ever been terrorized by.

And I'd like to add Innocent on the colonies.  Mostly because he was just recently killed in an Tilog dungeon after 100+ years of causing more mischief then a priest should have been able to do.  Oh, and I love this quote:

Roleplay from Lullaby Blakeshadow: "I am serious, even without the ability to look at a memo, Your surprised someone had a bounty on Innocent's head? He has had numbers of people trying to kill him for quite some time. Realms have spoken war over him, as if he were a subject. I've seen war made at realms for housing him. It is not something easily missed, even with your eyes closed. Forgive me if I sound rude, or blunt, I am just telling a simple truth. But now I express it to you and I pray it sheads light to other things."

VonBorghoff Family

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: December 04, 2015, 10:56:20 AM »
I remember  Gregor fondly. Both He and Reginald VonBorghoff II  were active during the war between Fontan and Light of Fontan. Fun times. Reginald II and Anastasia are 91 and 96 respectively now. My 3rd character from that era passed in her mid 80's.  Died in her castle as she sat in front of her fireplace. They found her with a knife stuck deep in her chest. (RP)  The former Queen of Thalmarkin did not meet her end in a blaze of glory. lol

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: December 04, 2015, 06:51:47 PM »
There was that guy who founded the first iteration of Niselur on Dwilight, back when Astrum was still young and SA was in its whole Manifest Destiny phase. Boreal Arrakis. Took me a while to remember his name. And don't forget Glaumring, that crazy bastard; he was a player in founding more than one realm on Dwi.

Also I can't quite believe no one has mentioned Ottar, from AT. He ruled Tara the entire time I played this game (and for considerable time before and after too), though I gather he's not around anymore.

Zakilevo

« Reply #83: December 04, 2015, 07:28:37 PM »
Wow Geronus is here! What?!

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: December 04, 2015, 07:34:20 PM »
Someone posted about the upcoming island sinking in the Battlemaster Facebook group, which showed up on my News Feed and piqued my interest, so I started skulking around the Forums a bit to see what's up with the game these days :)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: December 04, 2015, 07:42:47 PM »
Islands sinking, unique names with old character names and realm names, ESA considering your old SA character Rowan as a Saint-of-sorts, and new BM History videos to be released (soon) since the last ones in 2012.

There's other code changes listed in other past announcement topics, if you care to peruse the updates in the last year. I've been trying to tackle old feature requests that never got done.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: December 04, 2015, 08:13:47 PM »
Hey, Geronus. Long time no see.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Eirikr

« Reply #87: December 04, 2015, 10:16:29 PM »
Also I can't quite believe no one has mentioned Ottar, from AT. He ruled Tara the entire time I played this game (and for considerable time before and after too), though I gather he's not around anymore.

Good call, Ottar was a major pain to deal with sometimes, but definitely important and famous. A trademark style, I'd say.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: December 04, 2015, 11:08:02 PM »
Good call, Ottar was a major pain to deal with sometimes, but definitely important and famous. A trademark style, I'd say.

Ah yes, Ottar should definately be on the list.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: December 07, 2015, 01:14:15 AM »
There was that guy who founded the first iteration of Niselur on Dwilight, back when Astrum was still young and SA was in its whole Manifest Destiny phase. Boreal Arrakis. Took me a while to remember his name. And don't forget Glaumring, that crazy bastard; he was a player in founding more than one realm on Dwi.

Im still here~! old yes and probably not famous or infamous but im still around. Come back Dwilight is still fun!
We live lives in beautiful lies...