Author Topic: Wiki  (Read 2794 times)

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Wiki
« Topic Start: October 18, 2015, 02:05:02 PM »
Is it broken.  The updated realm boxes that list info like capital and regions and government position holders seems broken right now and has been for a few weeks/months in my experience? Maybe its just my browser...

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki
« Reply #1: October 18, 2015, 03:04:39 PM »
We are still having issues with the Wiki from the most recent server move.

It may end up being necessary to reinstall it from the last backup from the old server.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #2: October 19, 2015, 10:12:48 AM »
The external data plugin stopped working. Or maybe we didn't install it properly on the new server?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 19, 2015, 02:44:32 PM »
The external data plugin stopped working. Or maybe we didn't install it properly on the new server?

I'm fairly sure it's part of the SemanticBundle, which I did install. However, I can't say for sure that I did it right... :P
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #4: October 20, 2015, 10:42:59 AM »
I'm fairly sure it's part of the SemanticBundle, which I did install. However, I can't say for sure that I did it right... :P

Possible that they bundled it, but by itself it's a separate thing: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:External_Data

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: November 09, 2015, 12:33:43 PM »
Wiki should function a bit better now. Still some issues, but I believe I've fixed the worst and should continue to improve where I find time.

Feedback here or on the relevant bug report is appreciated.

For one thing, relevant to semantic use, any semantic templates using #get_external_data should now use #get_web_data.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: November 10, 2015, 10:11:39 AM »
I want to tentatively declare the wiki fixed and functionality restored as before server move.

Image uploads are still broken, but a recommended change to-be-done by Tom should fix that, I believe.

There may still be some broken semantic bits, but so far thats only been because of templates needing updated. I've done several of the major ones already so you can see how to update any other templates needing updated.

If there's anything else still broken or not re-enabled on the new server, let me know and I'll look into it.