Author Topic: Dear Atamara...  (Read 50660 times)

johnny Hammarberg

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Dear Atamara...
« Reply #30: October 27, 2015, 07:54:11 PM »
So your family name is worth more to you than the health of the game? You'd let the entire island go to hell in a handbasket because, hey, I have to protect my character's family name!

Well, too many people have been patient for too long while waiting for someone else to do something. Now we're all screwed.

Its all about trust when you are sitting on a throne, if you mess things up you will spoil the fun for the players within your realm and fun is whats its all about.  Back when I was a ruler I probably pissed off every single realm on Atamara  and a few other realms on different continents as well by either playing it safe or by actually doing whats expected of a ruler in a social experiment focused on war and diplomacy. A stallmate is hard to get out of but it have been done before but never without trust between rulers making up plans.

Waiting for too long was said and yelled back in 2010 and early 2011 I guess... Then the war started, the war that made all other wars look like small skirmishes and it went on for a long long time, I really dont know how it ended as I had a life crises and left the game during a time of chaos. But I can assure you that the stallmate before this war was made out of concrete and no one could see a war coming but it did.

I am not saying that I dont understand your frustration but that I do understand you and that I have been there chewing on my fingers waiting for someone to act or something more exciting to happen at turn then to see how much food arrived to what region!

What I do hope for is when things will change and they will is that those on the losing side of the war doesnt give up their will to play, we lost many players during rough wars when they think that all their time spent in a lost realm is time wasted...
In war, truth is the first casualty.  ~Aeschylus