Author Topic: Dear Atamara...  (Read 50671 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Dear Atamara...
« Reply #45: October 28, 2015, 02:25:18 AM »
Strombran used to be our (Suville's) ally. After various incidents IG, it was felt that Strombran was using the war for their own gain, at the expense of Suville. This was spurred along by the, frankly, !@#$ed up diplomacy of Strombran and Tara, and the fact that Strombran's units actually lined with Tara to fight against Suville several times. Most notably in the recent Suville attack on Wynford. This, and the revelation that Strombran had decided to keep Riverholm, and never told Suville about that, caused Suville to declare that Strombran had betrayed them, and Suville disbanded the alliance, allowing Tara to immediately declare the war to prevent Strombran and suville from resigning the alliance. (As if we wanted to...)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Fuchs

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: October 28, 2015, 02:28:53 AM »
Suville seems to be holding a significant force, unless its mostly in milita.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: October 28, 2015, 10:37:12 AM »
Suville should have 1, or 2 allies soon enough at least. Atamarian tradition is slightly broken. Then again, the south is always known to be 'rebellious'.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Eirikr

« Reply #48: October 28, 2015, 06:22:11 PM »
But, um, Suville has not declared war.

Oh, whoops. I thought you had... I see that's not the case in the diplomatic relations page. Maybe it was just a message that Strombran forwarded. Thanks for the explanation and correction.

The politics are still about right, though. I'd be happy to see Suville get some allies and put up a good fight, but they currently have to worry about a Strombran-CE-Tara force descending upon them with Caergoth and Wayburg circling. The interesting dynamic is also still whether or not the rest of Atamara decides Strombran's actions are okay.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: October 28, 2015, 06:41:19 PM »
Tara has broken its federation!
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

Eirikr

« Reply #50: October 28, 2015, 07:26:36 PM »
Step 1!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: October 28, 2015, 10:14:52 PM »
Strombran caves, gives Riverholm and Ser'Quea to Caergoth, then the federation reforms.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: October 28, 2015, 10:40:14 PM »
Strombran caves, gives Riverholm and Ser'Quea to Caergoth, then the federation reforms.

That would be an option, but I doubt it. I see it more likely that CE will interfere in stead, but we'll see. War is coming at least.

Also for the record to Eirikr, Caergoth was offered Suville on a silver platter by Tara and Strombran, but refused. I wouldn't expect Caergoth and Wayburg to 'circle' around Suville for now. Not unless Suville pulls out another trick (which everyone suspects) and stabs someone in the back of course :p

Faldron

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: October 28, 2015, 10:54:41 PM »
I am very new but I am hoping to assist Suville in gaining a stronger presence in the south. I envision a Suville that is not so easily under foot.
Faldron Nethercoate, Lord Archon of the Kingdom of Westgard, Dwilight

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: October 29, 2015, 10:08:06 AM »
Faldron the only option for Suville now is to gain allies rather than more lands if you ask me. They used to hold Wynford and the Riverholm Duchy and Wayburg as well, didn't bring them much either ;-)

Eirikr

« Reply #55: October 30, 2015, 04:43:10 AM »
Also for the record to Eirikr, Caergoth was offered Suville on a silver platter by Tara and Strombran, but refused. I wouldn't expect Caergoth and Wayburg to 'circle' around Suville for now. Not unless Suville pulls out another trick (which everyone suspects) and stabs someone in the back of course :p

Guess I was banking too much on the "mortal enemies" aspect of it. Really, the fact that Suville isn't in more dire straits right now baffles me from an IC perspective. OOC, it makes perfect sense.

Ah well, good for them.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: October 30, 2015, 11:44:08 AM »
Guess I was banking too much on the "mortal enemies" aspect of it. Really, the fact that Suville isn't in more dire straits right now baffles me from an IC perspective. OOC, it makes perfect sense.

Ah well, good for them.

Maybe, just maybe OOC creeped in slightly when we made that decision. But even IC it makes more than enough sense. Strombran took Riverholm and Ser'quea from Caergoth and their attitude was enough for the war. Plus Caergoth has had enough of the federation's hold as well. Suville alliance was therefore rather forced, but explainable :)

Now it's just waiting to see what CE does.

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: October 30, 2015, 01:04:16 PM »
Looks like the Atamaran style of war is still alive and well despite all the moaning and complaining as what could have been a good series of engagements will turn into a complete gangbang.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: October 30, 2015, 02:50:36 PM »
Looks like the Atamaran style of war is still alive and well despite all the moaning and complaining as what could have been a good series of engagements will turn into a complete gangbang.

Are you kidding me?  The entire truce/alliance between Suville/Wayburg/Caergoth was prepared/signed a week ago or so already to reclaim Riverholm. Strombran actually proposed to destroy Suville entirely and Tara would have helped. Only because Caergoth declined, Suville still lives now. That would have been a gangbang, this is hardly one. CE will no doubt move to assist Strombran and level the war again and even if they don't it will only bring a bit more balance to the continent as a whole.

Eirikr

« Reply #59: October 30, 2015, 04:28:07 PM »
Yeah... If anything, this is still balanced a bit in Strombran's favor with CE's backup. (Depending on what Tara decides to do.) Supposedly the CE's military is diminished from complacency, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them whipped up with a real enemy now on the docket.

Let's just hope we don't have the sides seeking peace at the end of November.