Author Topic: Dear Atamara...  (Read 50012 times)

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Dear Atamara...
« Reply #15: October 23, 2015, 07:02:03 PM »
Well maybe because if you're the only idiot who goes along with it in the end, you'll end like Garas did on East Continent...but yeah I don't know. Any action is better than no action though
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: October 23, 2015, 07:21:59 PM »
You had another secession at the same time. That one didn't last long, though. Too bad you didn't get more support from your duchy members. You could have had a bigger opportunity.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: October 23, 2015, 09:10:12 PM »
Good timing Indirik, as has been mentioned there have been OOC discussions started by the player of Mighty Toff over the last week. A bit in CE realm chat but mostly in The League guild chat.

Personally I wanted to have a big old civil war and then have a big war with Tara or Talerium with huge armies, but it seems most people want to jump straight to setting up ~2 city realms, very much in the way Morek was broken apart. There has been talk of having some sort of Holy Roman Empire system to prevent anyone from getting too big.

I agree that someone just needs to do it already, though I'd like to get back to Cagil to get a new unit first :p
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: October 23, 2015, 11:15:28 PM »
As Indirik said, why the incessant need to discuss everything OOC beforehand? What does that even do? So instead of three big realms banding together and dominating the rest of the island, we'll get some smaller realms banding together and dominating the rest of the island?

Hooray for change!

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: October 24, 2015, 07:38:55 PM »
Actually, there is now 1 chance of truly transforming everything, right now. That chance is for Tara. Strombran has 'stolen' another city from Caergoth, which is Tara's ally. In a few days we'll see if the south is going to suicide one last time on the league, or if Tara takes the opportunity and strikes hard at Strombran. Everyone knows there is no love left between those two. No OOC needed anymore, bamn!

@Indirik, was indeed a shame the rest butt out, but we're having a bit of fun nonetheless. DSS is on 13 nobles atm, Sirion lacks the army to siege it now...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: October 24, 2015, 08:11:44 PM »
And at least you won't starve.   ;)

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: October 24, 2015, 10:10:03 PM »
And at least you won't starve.   ;)

True, with Ser'quea gone, so is our food problem :)

Indirik, always such an optimist!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: October 24, 2015, 11:33:13 PM »
I wasn't taking about AT that time...

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: October 25, 2015, 12:48:50 PM »
I wasn't taking about AT that time...

Haha oh, well yeah on EC everyone sells us food. Even bought food from Sirion Lords.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: October 25, 2015, 02:35:01 PM »
I didn't think you could do that while at war.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: October 25, 2015, 07:06:47 PM »
Definitely a bug. Realms with hatred or war relations should not be able to close trading deals.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: October 26, 2015, 10:38:42 AM »
Now that I think of it, that might have been before Sirion declared war, but after the split...

johnny Hammarberg

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: October 26, 2015, 07:47:09 PM »
You have to excuse me, I was under the beleif that I had been gone from this game for a few years but by the sound of it cant be more then a day or two  ???

These alliances with strong unbreakable bonds have always been around and most of them have been broken, all you need to do is to look at the history of Atamara and discover that some are gone forever and some have been reforged.

One reason alliances are hard to break is due to honor or as I used to say "My word is enough no need to get it in writing", going back on your word and stab an ally will stain your family name for a long long time and whatever trust a ruler or realm have gained may be lost for ever. The history have showed us that if you are patient a dagger will be planted in someones back or one or more rulers will make a misstake that will change the diplomatic map.

The name may be BATTLEMASTER but we all want peace at our border and a safe realm...unless we can take our neighbour down without to much fuzz and gain a region or two. Maybe there should be sever punishments to realms that are in peace for two long (been tried) or a boost to realms that can maintain the status of war to one or more realms ?

I do not know a good solution to this dilemma but I have learned that patience is a good virtue to have while on Atamara.
In war, truth is the first casualty.  ~Aeschylus

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: October 26, 2015, 09:02:46 PM »
So your family name is worth more to you than the health of the game? You'd let the entire island go to hell in a handbasket because, hey, I have to protect my character's family name!

Well, too many people have been patient for too long while waiting for someone else to do something. Now we're all screwed.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: October 27, 2015, 08:43:21 AM »
Indirik, thats the way it is, we wanted it or not.

When you mess around, you will bumb to your past every now and then.

If KK (prolly any of my chars at Atamara :P) ever gets ruler again, that realm will propably beaten to death at any cost by CE & Co.
~Violence is always an option!~