Author Topic: Dear Atamara...  (Read 50002 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: Dear Atamara...
« Reply #30: October 27, 2015, 12:41:13 PM »
If KK (prolly any of my chars at Atamara :P) ever gets ruler again, that realm will propably beaten to death at any cost by CE & Co.

Heh, I could say the same for Merlin. Which I think is part of the problem. But I lost. So, clearly enough people like things the way they are to keep them that way.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: October 27, 2015, 02:45:18 PM »
Characters, definitely. But as far as families go, especially across continents, it shouldn't be so extreme. An action you take on AT shouldn't have such an extreme effect on your characters on BT. If it does, then you get what we have here: people afraid to do anything because it will screw up your whole family reputation.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: October 27, 2015, 05:55:43 PM »
Well, whether it should happen or not, I think it does. At least somewhat.

It's at least one of the reasons why I am playing a completely different family now. So no one associates my characters now with what they did before. I didnt like the implied behavior attached to my family name.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: October 27, 2015, 06:10:42 PM »
In my experience, I find 'stained' reputation to be less of an issue from when there were more characters. That is, realms are more desperate for anyone willing to step up and will gladly overlook whatever disrepute may exist for another warm body.

Fuchs

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: October 27, 2015, 07:39:28 PM »
How bad has the player count dropped?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: October 27, 2015, 07:45:51 PM »
Very slow decline. 500 registered, about 200 daily players.

Fuchs

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: October 27, 2015, 07:51:22 PM »
Due to the server change?

johnny Hammarberg

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: October 27, 2015, 07:54:11 PM »
So your family name is worth more to you than the health of the game? You'd let the entire island go to hell in a handbasket because, hey, I have to protect my character's family name!

Well, too many people have been patient for too long while waiting for someone else to do something. Now we're all screwed.

Its all about trust when you are sitting on a throne, if you mess things up you will spoil the fun for the players within your realm and fun is whats its all about.  Back when I was a ruler I probably pissed off every single realm on Atamara  and a few other realms on different continents as well by either playing it safe or by actually doing whats expected of a ruler in a social experiment focused on war and diplomacy. A stallmate is hard to get out of but it have been done before but never without trust between rulers making up plans.

Waiting for too long was said and yelled back in 2010 and early 2011 I guess... Then the war started, the war that made all other wars look like small skirmishes and it went on for a long long time, I really dont know how it ended as I had a life crises and left the game during a time of chaos. But I can assure you that the stallmate before this war was made out of concrete and no one could see a war coming but it did.

I am not saying that I dont understand your frustration but that I do understand you and that I have been there chewing on my fingers waiting for someone to act or something more exciting to happen at turn then to see how much food arrived to what region!

What I do hope for is when things will change and they will is that those on the losing side of the war doesnt give up their will to play, we lost many players during rough wars when they think that all their time spent in a lost realm is time wasted...
In war, truth is the first casualty.  ~Aeschylus

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: October 27, 2015, 08:05:09 PM »
I don't think the server move had too much effect. There's no obvious blip in the line.

Fuchs

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: October 27, 2015, 08:15:22 PM »
So what's happening to altamara now? Their seem to be wars happening and small realms with a few regions, that are surrounded by larger realms. There also seems to be a large diffrence in players between the realms.

Eirikr

« Reply #40: October 27, 2015, 10:21:16 PM »
So what's happening to altamara now? Their seem to be wars happening and small realms with a few regions, that are surrounded by larger realms. There also seems to be a large diffrence in players between the realms.

I've personally been too busy to keep up with the OOC discussion, but there's a few entirely IC things happening. Talerium just ended their war with Rieleston, but the consequences may open some avenues. Strombran's growing through defector duchies and Suville has now declared war on them - it's a foregone conclusion who will win, of course, but will Strombran take their lands and continue to swell? Should the rest of the League be concerned? Really, will Tara stand for it?

Fuchs

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: October 28, 2015, 01:05:49 AM »
So it will be stormbran, Tara, and the other realm against Suville?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: October 28, 2015, 01:10:35 AM »
In true Atamaran tradition, eh?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: October 28, 2015, 01:27:54 AM »
But, um, Suville has not declared war.

Fuchs

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: October 28, 2015, 01:33:07 AM »
Suville dosent have any allies?