Author Topic: Dear Atamara...  (Read 50044 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: Dear Atamara...
« Reply #60: October 30, 2015, 05:28:23 PM »
Am I the only one who sees a problem with the fact that these diplomatic changes on Atamara can from OOC discussion instead of IC discussion? Does no one else see the irony of how bad the situation is when people choose to talk OOC about making changes instead of just leaving it IC like it should be?
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: October 30, 2015, 05:33:48 PM »
Am I the only one who sees a problem with the fact that these diplomatic changes on Atamara can from OOC discussion instead of IC discussion? Does no one else see the irony of how bad the situation is when people choose to talk OOC about making changes instead of just leaving it IC like it should be?

And why would you think that our war is not IC based? Everone in the south have enough reasons to despise Strombran and the federation. There has also been no love between Strombran and Tara for a long while no, so not so surprising there. True, OOC sentiments did push some things more than others, but it's still IC.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: October 30, 2015, 06:40:20 PM »
On the contrary I think most everyone was probably well aware of that. Indeed the player of Mighty Toff was the one to start the discussion OOC, and it certainly had reached the point where something had to be done but the prodding had to begin OOC. Unfortunately.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: October 30, 2015, 07:51:54 PM »
The problem is that is just totally against the rules by my understanding. The whole point is that you always play your characters with an OOC perspective of keeping things fun for everyone (euro game style) while interacting IC.

By doing it OOC you just remove the risk. It's like the least interesting way of solving the problem.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: October 30, 2015, 07:57:56 PM »
The problem is that is just totally against the rules by my understanding. The whole point is that you always play your characters with an OOC perspective of keeping things fun for everyone (euro game style) while interacting IC.

By doing it OOC you just remove the risk. It's like the least interesting way of solving the problem.

True, but again what makes you think that the current events aren't IC? The things which were discussed in the league have in fact not been executed, none of them! In stead, some completely different things occured (the south rallying together and Tara breaking the federation) all with perfect explainable IC logic. (None of this was discussed in the big OOC debates though, so I'm not sure what the complaint is for current events?).

Eirikr

« Reply #65: October 30, 2015, 10:10:00 PM »
I won't pretend to have finally read all that OOC chatter, but I think the only one that was mostly borne of it was Shadowhaven. Ivore (the character) I think has wanted to do it for some time, so someone suggesting it OOC was all the player needed to just say "OK, now's the time".

Everything else, to my knowledge, has been fairly natural responses to the situation (Tara and Strombran have been belligerent to eachother for a while)... OOC might have made people brave enough to take the action that probably would have already happened in a real-world situation. Really, the only bit that doesn't sit well with me is allying with Suville. Everything pointed to them getting steamrolled now that it was an option. I mean, I guess the League was the real problem preventing them from solving their own problems, but...

The Talerium-Rieleston turnaround, however, was 100% IC as far as I'm concerned. Talerium wanted better access to Minas Leon for later, without worrying about Rieleston. *shrug* We're simple like that.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: October 30, 2015, 11:26:39 PM »
I can assure you that Caergoth - Suville is totally IC as well. It's a mixture of Caergothian honor culture, dislike/hatred towards the federation and the plundering during the war, and the Duchy of Riverholm which was the start of the entire war in the first place. Steamroling Suville was an option, but then what. Caergoth would be dead in the water, with no chance against the league. There is a strong dislike still between Caergoth/Suville but both have a grudge against Strombran also.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: October 31, 2015, 12:42:52 AM »
We both found someone we can hate more than each other. The turnaround was totally ic.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Moto_o

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: October 31, 2015, 03:04:08 AM »
Dear Atamara, why you no sink yet?

PS. I miss you.

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: November 01, 2015, 05:43:43 AM »
Dear Atamara, why you no sink yet?

PS. I miss you.

"I feel bad for you."

"I don't think about you at all."  8)
------
qui audet vincit

Moto_o

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: November 01, 2015, 07:25:23 AM »
Don't lie, you little minx. You know you missed me. I bet you haven't changed since the last time I saw you.

~Blows a kiss to Atamara~

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: November 01, 2015, 08:11:50 AM »
Don't lie, you little minx. You know you missed me. I bet you haven't changed since the last time I saw you.

~Blows a kiss to Atamara~

Well Tara broke the Federation, so there's that. >.>

Eirikr

« Reply #72: November 01, 2015, 02:49:41 PM »
We both found someone we can hate more than each other. The turnaround was totally ic.

Quoting the shorter one for brevity... I didn't mean to suggest it wasn't. IC at all, just that it seemed a weird way to go. That said, it does stand to make Atamara interesting again for a bit longer.

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: November 19, 2015, 01:44:40 PM »
Region Lost to Corruption   (7 hours, 29 minutes ago)
message to all nobles of Strombran
Local government officials in Tarkhog announced earlier today that according to ancient documents, General Lafiel Lamhirh, who happened to coincidentally be in the region at that time, holds an ancient and undisputable claim to lordship of Tarkhog. They officially handed control of the region over to her and Grand duchy of Wayburg! Shortly afterwards, the responsible officials were nowhere to be found.
Well this is a really fun conflict isn't it? An alliance of southern realms who all hate each other ICly and that was mostly organized OOCly for the purpose of breaking up another alliance, just buying regions with their bloated gold from the stagnation period.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: November 19, 2015, 02:57:02 PM »
We still hate each other. We just hate Strombran more. Enemy of my enemy, and all that. apparently you still don't understand how much Strombran pissed off *everyone*.

Although, to be honest, Suville is pretty pragmatic about the Wayburg secession. We don't have enough people to take it back. We were screwed, and knew it. Julius made an amicable treaty with them pretty quickly.

And stop complaining about giant gold reserves. Strombran had multiple cities and few nobles for years. And your lands were untouched for this entire war. Hell, it's been *years* since you lands have ever even seen a battle that didn't involve rogues. If you don't have gold it's your own fault. If you're that hard up, ask your allies for some of their hundreds of thousands of reserves.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.