Author Topic: Dear Atamara...  (Read 50029 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Dear Atamara...
« Reply #90: November 20, 2015, 06:24:06 PM »
I wouldn't go that far. But I did take them to task over it ig many times. Various other people over time have mentioned it, but none so strongly as I did.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Eirikr

« Reply #91: November 20, 2015, 08:07:01 PM »
CE is a paper tiger, at least for the size that it is. The people in command of the military (basically only the Prime Minister and the General at this point, with the Prime Minister sending almost every single order) are not really the best suited in my opinion.

Why do people love the term "paper tiger" so much? It's so overused in this community and seems to always crop up when people are trying really hard to discount someone. A slow period does weaken a realm, but it is silly to think it's unrecoverable.

I wasn't even making a point about their power, just that in terms of noble population, it's likely that a higher percentage of Atamara's total nobles were upset with Merlin's move back then.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #92: November 20, 2015, 08:45:58 PM »
Why do people love the term "paper tiger" so much? It's so overused in this community and seems to always crop up when people are trying really hard to discount someone. A slow period does weaken a realm, but it is silly to think it's unrecoverable.

I wasn't even making a point about their power, just that in terms of noble population, it's likely that a higher percentage of Atamara's total nobles were upset with Merlin's move back then.

I've seen that term used maybe twice, including my own post... so your complaint about people using it so much is a bit mistaken. Plus the term has a specific meaning outside of Battlemaster that is easy to understand, so there is that. Plus I'm a part of the realm, I'm seeing what they're doing so I know how good or bad their military is.

And you said that Strombran had the support of CE, which is a large chunk of the continent. You didn't specify "noble population of CE" rather than military support.

Eirikr

« Reply #93: November 20, 2015, 09:31:59 PM »
I've seen that term used maybe twice, including my own post... so your complaint about people using it so much is a bit mistaken. Plus the term has a specific meaning outside of Battlemaster that is easy to understand, so there is that. Plus I'm a part of the realm, I'm seeing what they're doing so I know how good or bad their military is.

And you said that Strombran had the support of CE, which is a large chunk of the continent. You didn't specify "noble population of CE" rather than military support.

I know what the term means and I've seen it a ton, especially on FEI recently. I checked the forums and see it hasn't popped up here (that is, outside of game) as much as I thought it had. Sorry, I guess I feel people are too quick to apply it and I'm too quick to judge.

Back to the actual point, I didn't think I had to. Silverfire was questioning peoples' opinions, not their military might. Context should've been sufficient.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #94: November 20, 2015, 10:06:54 PM »
Well thank you for your thoughts. Not being on Atamara, it does sound like an interesting change. I hope it keeps up and doesn't quickly revert to stagnation.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #95: November 20, 2015, 11:42:20 PM »
CE is a paper tiger, at least for the size that it is. The people in command of the military (basically only the Prime Minister and the General at this point, with the Prime Minister sending almost every single order) are not really the best suited in my opinion.
Eh, they're hardly the worst either though. I'd say the biggest problem is people not moving properly, it's like herding cats (or lions, I guess). Although I'm not sure how many are just off doing their own thing or being AFK or lazy, or those like me who often miss orders because I have a job and I sleep and they sometimes come way too many hours after the 9PM PST turn change (new job only lets me check BM briefly at like 4 am).
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #96: November 21, 2015, 01:09:38 AM »
I think most of the super active, highly interested people have left. What's left are those of us who can withstand the inactivity, but are less motivated to make sure we move every day.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #97: November 21, 2015, 01:11:22 PM »
I think most of the super active, highly interested people have left. What's left are those of us who can withstand the inactivity, but are less motivated to make sure we move every day.

Either this or a combination of those super active highly interested people being us, but we've turned into those who can withstand inactivity.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #98: November 23, 2015, 03:18:55 AM »
 ::)

I'll show you a abuse of game mechanics... we'll maybe later. Inactivity? Are we playing the same game Mr. Merlin, again?

Indirik you old goat, we are all just outgrowing the game, many of us have been here 10+ years now anything over 5 years is surprising at this point. Anyone below that time well i'm glad they can enjoy this treasure, but that's a trickle from early 2000s. Let's stay positive and kill some Rabbits.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #99: November 23, 2015, 03:35:30 AM »
Indirik you old goat, we are all just outgrowing the game, many of us have been here 10+ years now
I haven't hit 10 quite yet. Another... 3 months? :)

Let's stay positive and kill some Rabbits.
You already killed 'em all. :p

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #100: November 23, 2015, 04:04:05 AM »
I haven't hit 10 quite yet. Another... 3 months? :)

Really?  Well either way your no spring chicken, sir. Not like whipper snappers postings i've read over on here... Mr. 10,000 post. Hands some Coffee.

Moto is around here somewhere isn't he, what island is he on? I'll hunt him down and assassinate him... I mean umm that's not OOC planning is it?

Erikir is still chatty as ever in forums, I see.

GoldenPanda is still conquering realm after realm. As well as now ruling. So nothing has changed to much.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101: November 23, 2015, 02:04:34 PM »
I'm not ruler at any realm :) Thats somekind of change :P

-jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #102: November 23, 2015, 04:28:26 PM »
Is that a good or bad change? We're certainly not hearing as much about socks, at least.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103: November 23, 2015, 06:33:35 PM »
I really dont know, i guess its others to judge :D

Mayby one day i will step up again.. after gathering enough socks to send for sucking :P

But for now, i enjoy playing regular knights at BT and Atamara, KK is duke thought, but RR is just random knight at Tara.

I hope AT will get some lively action and more nobles now that there is conflicts going on.

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Moto_o

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #104: November 23, 2015, 07:06:56 PM »
Just look for the people who chant "Moto! Moto!" while they ride giant white rabbits.

Dumps a sack of white rabbits on Wind ... I mean Blue Star.