Author Topic: Character limit changes  (Read 58547 times)

daviceroy

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Character limit changes
« Topic Start: October 28, 2015, 05:07:54 PM »
It is true the complaint is about lowering the artificial limit from 2 to 1.  It is true that the complaint is that this seemed to happen out of left field without any communication with the players.

It is true that no one is "forcing" any of us to play on any islands.  Then again, if we follow that logic, one can also point out no one "forces" us to play in BM either.  We all choose to play here and choose the islands we are on for a reason.  There are sometimes reasons why some players do not play on a particular island including the fact that they have tried it and didn't like that continent.  Has this been considered?

I'm not yet sure what "positive" this will give.  Perhaps you can point out what they are so that we can see them better?

I'm having a hard time seeing how this will help the game.  I could see if we were having an issue with new players not being able to get positions because of the overcrowding, but honestly, it's the exact opposite.  We are trying to fill up the basic slots to be able to keep enjoying BM.  This change seems to be done to remove our ability to help keep islands afloat within the specifications that the BM administrative team gave us originally.  Will we have the dev team or others fill those spots?  I believe the answer is no.  So, when will you be announcing the sinking of islands or more ice coming?  That's the only thing I can see happening when the character count drops and it's not being replaced, right?