Author Topic: Character limit changes  (Read 58470 times)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Character limit changes
« Reply #195: November 24, 2015, 04:16:06 AM »
The game is written in PHP, using the Doctrine ORM framework to interact with its MySQL database (at least, where it's been updated to do so).

If you would like to join the dev team and help out, you would be more than welcome. However, bear in mind that that wouldn't be a blank check to implement whatever you want; you'd have to make sure that your code was accepted by...well, these days, basically me. That said, a lot of the things feyeleanor suggested were good ideas, just lacking in dev time to implement them. So if you were willing to put in that time, there would be no mandate that you participate in handling the major changes that have been announced and those that will be announced shortly. You could write code for new features, so long as you were also willing to help keep those features bug-free.

But the changes are going ahead now, whatever happens.

Well, I mean, unless we get another 300 active, permanent players within the next few days. But that doesn't strike me as terribly likely.
Hmmmm, SQL is my forte right now as I keep using it in my daily work tasks. PHP, I almost forgot it all. Not sure I will have much time to do it, but I can try help out a bit every now and then. Now where do I sign up? Is there any requirement I need to aware of beside all these above? :)

On the changes going ahead, yes I understand. As long as we got advance warning to migrate, pause or delete our secondary character, that is all fine with me.

On getting new players. I do tried promoting this game on Facebook to my friends, but not many people interested. Some say no graphic, too much letters to read and some like to click, click. Well, you get what the new generation like to do :P
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)