Author Topic: Character limit changes  (Read 58618 times)

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Character limit changes
« Reply #45: October 30, 2015, 09:03:39 AM »
I have four characters in two realms on two continents.

My first character fought when his realm had been reduced to a single city and helped reverse the long slide into oblivion.  He has been a ruler on both Beluaterra and Atamara.  And a general and a duke as well.

My second character has been a proud warrior.  She has killed a king in battle.  And now she is the high priestess of the largest religion on her continent.

My third character has been a ruler, a general, a banker, and a judge.  He has been a priest in the largest religion on Dwilight.  He has seen realms die, he has seen them rebuild, and he has seen war.  Now he has returned to his homeland where he fights.

My fourth character is downright boring next to them.  But he is a banker now and he rather enjoys going out and breaking stuff a lot.  It is his great hope to soon be striking down an enemy capital.  And he loves commanding rank upon rank of archers.  Massed arrow fire can bring down anything.

I have played on the Colonies, Dwilight, the war islands, Atamara, and Beluaterra.  In the end, I preferred the experience of playing on Atamara and Beluaterra and have left the other continents as I found them...less enjoyable.  I do not feel guilty about this choice.  There is nothing for me to feel guilty about.  I am playing this game in the way I enjoy it, and I am seeking to make the game more enjoyable for others by tearing down the old alliances.

The League of the Eagle on Atamara for instance has won.  In a game designed to have no winners we have fought for years and years through careful planning and politics to defeat all comers and now rule the continent.  We recently had a discussion about that and decided it was time to mix things up.  To scramble the continent up a lot.  We've broken up two federations with only one more to go.  And the wars and rumors of wars have already commenced.  And something that has been building for months has finally boiled over into open conflict.  I'm rather looking forward to seeing how it turns out myself as it promises to be one almighty shakeup.  All aimed with the purpose of making things more exciting for every player on the continent.

Some people here seem to act as if having two characters is a sin or something.  I take the opportunity to play two different game styles and rather enjoy it.  It is fun.  This is a game after all.  Fun is the whole idea, yes?