Author Topic: Character limit changes  (Read 58649 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: Character limit changes
« Reply #45: October 30, 2015, 01:20:54 PM »
I'm sorry but this whole idea that the League of the Eagle having won a continent in a game not intended for a continent to ever be won is the best example of the problem we have. It would not have been possible for the League of the Eagle to have "Won" without two characters per player within the league for most players. This is one of their core advantages that they have had forever. The number of players with multiple characters within the league is huge compared to any other example. (Without concrete data on the subject. Although, I think Tim looked at this years ago.)

The League is also the pinnacle example of having created a toxic game atmosphere on an island. You say the league was seeking to win for many years and careful planning got you there but that's not a good thing. That systematic approach of killing off all enemies without any internal conflict has caused many people to leave Atamara and the game. And ALL of that is built upon double characters. One in CE, one in Tara. Two in CE, Two in Tara. One in CE, one in Talerium. And all sorts of combos. I know it was almost like an unofficial policy years ago when I played in CE. It made the armies ridiculously powerful.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."