Author Topic: Character limit changes  (Read 58630 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Character limit changes
« Reply #45: October 30, 2015, 03:19:34 PM »
Dual characters didn't do that.  *snort*  Like I said, if dual characters could do something like that, everybody would be doing it on every continent.  And they aren't.

Except that that's an overly simplistic view that overlooks a lot of factors.

For instance, what if people on other continents are less interested in having a giant alliance "win" the whole continent?

Or what if people on other continents are less likely to want to have multiple characters in one realm or alliance?

There are a lot of elements of Atamara's atmosphere that attract particular kinds of people and lend themselves to particular kinds of strategies. It's possible that loading up on doublets wouldn't be as powerful on other continents due to the different dynamics. I don't know—but then, I don't believe anyone's actually claiming that loading up on doublets is the one and only reason that the CE bloc has conquered Atamara.

But if you don't think that it's a significant contributor to the bloc's success, then you're in denial.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan