Author Topic: Character limit changes  (Read 58707 times)

Zakilevo

Re: Character limit changes
« Reply #90: November 03, 2015, 06:33:03 PM »
Maybe so, and I do apologize if I actually offended someone with my choice of words.

In my increasing frustration I may have utilized some more heated phrases than I normally would. But it doesn't change my outlook on the situation, with the feedback I've been getting from people I've talked to in the Far East I think I can safely say that this is generally considered to be a change for the worse; at least on the FEI. And while appearantly a fair number/most people here seem to want FEI to be closed down, as one of the people who enjoys playing on the FEI and has enjoyed doing so for some time; I cannot help but feel strongly against this change which feels like it'll cause significant damage to the efforts to make the experience on FEI better for those less invested in the background lore of the place.

We have all invested in a certain island. I know it is terrible to lose islands you've played on but the game just can't maintain so many islands any longer. Surprisingly we still get new players here and there and due to low density and silent characters - most of them being people's second on the continent people don't really care much about, new people just don't stick around. Only 1 out of 10 people who try the game actually stick around and imagine if we can keep 1 more or 2 more out of 10.

Reducing characters will 'force' people to focus on one character per continent. This has been proven on dwilight for the past 5 years. I know people are finally starting to do something interesting on other continents as well but some places need to be closed and some can't.