Author Topic: EC current political situation  (Read 3965 times)

Zakilevo

EC current political situation
« Topic Start: November 06, 2015, 11:23:49 PM »
I think things are getting pretty interesting. Tension is building between some realms. The more Sirion fails, the more people will understand the true strength and limitation of the behemoth I think. That will swift the flow of the continent in a rather interesting way.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: EC current political situation
« Reply #1: November 07, 2015, 01:46:04 AM »
Yeah, EC is getting hot again. We're setting the stage for a war, and some good future conflicts, too. No shortage of opportunities, that's for sure.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: November 07, 2015, 01:53:54 AM »
All depends if Sirion get it all tied down or if their allies smell the weakness and actually show some chutzpah.  There are certainly some things falling into place.

One other way to kill it dead but I won't say it out loud or you just know it will get done and welcome the East Cobntinent of Atamara.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: November 07, 2015, 03:09:13 AM »
I don't think we have too much to worry about it turning into a coalition-locked, stagnant landscape. We've got several realms who have decided to keep it small, and keep it real. The last war in the south ended without too much rancor, so the sides are willing to shift around a bit. That keeps it fresh. And that also allows some realms to drift apart without feeling like they're going to get ostracized and red-shirted.

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: November 07, 2015, 04:00:49 AM »
You have more faith than me.

Sirion is too huge and well connected, Eponllyn is the only free thinking realm of that block, there have been innumerable IC reasons for a breakdown of the Nivemus Sirion relationship and it hasn't and probably won't happen, and CValigus gets cut loose, is allowed by Sirions disregard to be attacked and humbled by other members of the continent and still goes back to bat for Sirion again...

There is no counterbalance to Sirion and geographically they constantly make themselves untouchable, I know I am sounding like a hater here, I seriously am not, I just don't think it is healthy for the continent but I can't see it changing by the current standards.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: November 07, 2015, 04:06:16 AM »
Oligarch is the first step. Sirion can't break it. And if they can't break that, people will see how little they can do against anyone else. That's why Caligus got involved. Two realms have already committed to making Caligus back off. This could be a tipping point. Or I could be wrong. But I'm in a good place to keep pushing it to be one.  ;)

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: November 07, 2015, 04:20:13 AM »
I really hope you are right and I absolutely agree with the idea.  Sirions weakness will be exposed by a failure in Oligarch, I just don't know that their neighbors will let them fail.

To be frank the fact that they went to siege with barely half of their nobility present already should show the continent that Sirion could well be more bulk than brawn.... as I say though I am doubtful they'll be allowed to go it alone to truly expose the weaknesses and thereby open up some real fun on the Continent.

Zakilevo

« Reply #7: November 07, 2015, 04:42:39 AM »
Only 33 people attacked Oligarch, and out of those 33, 7 were from Caligus. Only 26 active warriors in Sirion.

That isn't strong enough for Sirion to act as a super power. The more they fail, the more people will be hostile toward Sirion.

Everyone wants to divide a giant pie called Sirion. We will soon see if Sirion can withstand that or be shattered and divided into pieces. Either way, EC will become a very interesting place.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: November 07, 2015, 10:19:17 AM »
33 people only? How about bystanders from you-know-where? :P

It is difficult to siege a city nowadays. But if it is indeed as someone points out on forum somewhere that half Sirion not turn up for the party, then it is something wrong :o

Indeed EC is going through an interesting period. Just when we thought the last war in the south has been settled and we in for another peace time, it is war drum beating again. The fact we have many new Rulers who not afraid to do something to shake things up, as Indirik says, mean we are in for good times. As some wise people may say, if old no go, new no come. Nothing last permanently, even our characters can age 8)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Zakilevo

« Reply #9: November 07, 2015, 10:35:54 AM »
There is so much going on in Vix... What an interesting realm. I love democracy. You can argue about pretty much anything HAHAHAH

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: November 07, 2015, 04:13:40 PM »
Interesting to note also that Ecthelion got seriously wounded in the last battle. Wonder if that'll change anything within Sirion and from the outside to Sirion (if he dies, or prob stays wounded for a long long time considering his age)
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: November 09, 2015, 02:09:38 AM »
There is so much going on in Vix... What an interesting realm. I love democracy. You can argue about pretty much anything HAHAHAH
I have a scare with democracy realm. The last realm one of my characters been there that had this type of government, Fontan to some old players, it had a bit of a sad ending :(
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)