Author Topic: Priest Claiming Rogue Region?  (Read 8274 times)

DK

• Noble Lord
  • Nothing is greater than GreaterHaven
    • View Profile
Priest Claiming Rogue Region?
« Topic Start: November 16, 2015, 09:39:05 AM »
I have a priest character and basically, there's a rogue region I would like to takeover since the followers are more than 80%. Of course I thought I could but then because it was a rogue region, I couldn't. So I thought I would buy the region (using family's money) but I couldn't (again because it was rogue). Anyway, I don't know or mind if the features are not there but my question is:

How can one take over a region (rogue) for their realm without taking over the region? Maybe on a priest perspective would be great. Maybe sing praise about the realm? Increase the production, morale, realm control (I'm just guessing, the region's stats is all in the red/black zone)? Just wondering actually.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Priest Claiming Rogue Region?
« Reply #1: November 16, 2015, 10:22:56 AM »
As it has been awhile since my last character became a priest, I recalled what my priestess character did back then sometime ago. Hopefully it not changed that much since then.

My priestess character went and preached to the rogue region.

1) Gain majority followers in the region.
2) Calm the population.
3) Laud the realm. Obviously having the rogue region people hateful to your realm will not work for RTO. If people are hateful, the less chance they will join your realm.
4) No monsters and undead around or any armed troops.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: November 16, 2015, 05:40:48 PM »
I have a priest character and basically, there's a rogue region I would like to takeover since the followers are more than 80%. Of course I thought I could but then because it was a rogue region, I couldn't. So I thought I would buy the region (using family's money) but I couldn't (again because it was rogue). Anyway, I don't know or mind if the features are not there but my question is:

How can one take over a region (rogue) for their realm without taking over the region? Maybe on a priest perspective would be great. Maybe sing praise about the realm? Increase the production, morale, realm control (I'm just guessing, the region's stats is all in the red/black zone)? Just wondering actually.

I'm 95% certain that those options just aren't available for rogue regions. Pretty sure they used to be in the past, but priests where then abused too often during war times etc.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

DK

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: November 17, 2015, 02:56:29 AM »
Sorry for the late reply, I can't seem to reply from home, kept getting error messages.

As it has been awhile since my last character became a priest, I recalled what my priestess character did back then sometime ago. Hopefully it not changed that much since then.

My priestess character went and preached to the rogue region.

1) Gain majority followers in the region.
2) Calm the population.
3) Laud the realm. Obviously having the rogue region people hateful to your realm will not work for RTO. If people are hateful, the less chance they will join your realm.
4) No monsters and undead around or any armed troops.

Ketchum,

Did you manage to get the region to join you and became it's regional lord?

I'm trying that but asking around if there's other option. Technically, I believe it is like a random event (which doesn't entirely meant as an priest thing) where they would come out of rogue status and decided to join a realm, I saw it a couple of times. It is a long-shot but I just wanted to see if others have tried it with success.

I'm 95% certain that those options just aren't available for rogue regions. Pretty sure they used to be in the past, but priests where then abused too often during war times etc.

Gabanus,

I agree with you that's why I'm looking into another method of doing it. I saw the options, thought I could, asked permission first (in-game), then do it, wasn't allowed (system-wise). Quite a bummer actually.

Anyhow, I'm weighing the options on what a priest can do rather than what others can do and pinpoint what is what. Everything should take time and in my case, they should (or the system would be abused like you said) but it's kinda a great idea to see liberation in a priest character. About time I explore it.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: November 19, 2015, 08:07:48 AM »
Sorry for the late reply, I can't seem to reply from home, kept getting error messages.

Ketchum,

Did you manage to get the region to join you and became it's regional lord?

I'm trying that but asking around if there's other option. Technically, I believe it is like a random event (which doesn't entirely meant as an priest thing) where they would come out of rogue status and decided to join a realm, I saw it a couple of times. It is a long-shot but I just wanted to see if others have tried it with success.
Yes, I managed to get the region to join me and became its regional lord. But that RTO rogue region is quite sometime ago, so the game may have changed since then. I do not have any priest character now. I not sure if developers going improve priests class and make it attractive to players again, but if this RTO is a very useful option for a priest.

As I stated earlier, as long as the region "realm loyalty" not hateful to your realm. A few turns ago, I witnessed a rogue region joining a realm, realm A where realm loyalty is loyal or something like that. That region just transferred from realm A to realm B. But the region hates realm B, and so it turns become rogue. After it rogue for few turns, it joins back realm A. Some of these things I think we can observe and even experience to understand how it works.

How to make a rogue region that very hate your realm to like you? Well, I do not have much idea right now. Just that, there is a message I remember my characters always received "about some peasants pleased that the troop help to kill monsters, undead". Is that a hint for us perhaps? Maybe developers want us to find out on our own, we never know unless we try. Never try, never know right? :P
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

DK

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: November 20, 2015, 08:42:06 AM »
Hahaha, I will give it a try then. I post this question here to see if it really is what it is, it would be fruitless if in the end the results is nothing. It's gonna be days to even pull this alone but now that it is possible, it's worth trying.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #6: April 17, 2018, 10:58:19 PM »
I'd actually like an 'official' answer on this as well. CAN priests convert rogue regions? If this was a feature, but no longer, what was the reason for changing it and does that logic still hold true given the current state of the game?

"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 18, 2018, 07:05:32 AM »
While my answer is no official answer I can confirm that RTO of rogue regions was once a thing, but no longer. Iirc it was abused too much. Priests claiming regions which were turned rogue in war in the midst of refit cycles etc.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: April 18, 2018, 12:24:50 PM »
In a war game, maybe it's expected to have priests acting in a military way.
I'm trying to play with one, but they are pretty much useless... too much effort just for some region control.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 18, 2018, 01:03:10 PM »
Perhaps focus more on diplomatic power and roleplay influence rather than just focus on game mechanics?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: April 18, 2018, 02:55:13 PM »
Perhaps focus more on diplomatic power and roleplay influence rather than just focus on game mechanics?

This is, in fact, the intended purpose of the Priest class.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #11: April 18, 2018, 05:19:44 PM »
So its not a feature worth revisiting?

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: April 18, 2018, 05:57:06 PM »
You mention the current state of the game. I don't see how its a good idea to allow priest to claim rogue regions with our current density issues. I don't see a need to revisit this feature when we already have several JeVondair ideas approved and unimplemented.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: April 18, 2018, 09:55:21 PM »

I would say a lot of RPs in BM are a direct result of game mechanics. While I agree it's useless now with the current density, outside the SA nobody care for Priests and religions so you can say there will be a real focus in "diplomatic power and roleplay influence". Maybe some people will still like to read it in the Roleplay Forum, but in game, it's too much effort for almost nothing... at least for me -- I already had my bit of religious power and influence when the game was more lively and I was more engaged.

I was a young player once... I would prefer an answer like: "Well, you still can turn a region against its Lord if you can preach enough without being arrested". Auto da fé was tempting when I decided to play as Priest in my first years of BM... that and the temple's management. I enjoyed building great things that no one else gives importance nowadays and use it to add "diplomatic" power to chars like Erik and Yeux.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #14: April 18, 2018, 10:46:00 PM »
...we already have several JeVondair ideas approved and unimplemented.

I admit that I lack the virtue of self-restraint XD

By Current state of the game, I mean that there simply aren't a lot of priest players, or even very active religions, anymore. I joined Bm after the major religious wars, but I wonder that a result of "nerfing" the priest class was the eventual devolution of the religion game and I hoped that revisiting this feature would revitalize it.