Author Topic: Good realm to join?  (Read 22632 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Good realm to join?
« Reply #15: November 19, 2015, 02:41:54 AM »
Blue flame died as soon as moto left. They were portrayed as a bunch of traitors that tried to destroy us.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: November 19, 2015, 04:17:24 AM »
I'm sure that they get more gold as a knight than a lord.

Some of the knights had estates in rural regions.  Further they had 2 townslands and a city without Lords.  So no, in this case you are wrong.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: December 06, 2015, 11:40:13 PM »
Join Nothoi or Caelum!

They are fighting the good fight against the tyranny of the King of Kings!

Stand fast good men against the tyranny of autocracy!

;)

Zakilevo

« Reply #18: December 07, 2015, 12:51:33 AM »
The last time I was in Caelum, the realm was really bad. One of the worst realms I've ever joined...

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: December 07, 2015, 01:03:21 AM »
I must say that I did not much enjoy playing in it myself.  That is why I pulled my warrior character into Nothoi some time ago.

But I know things change.

And I know Caelum has gone through a lot of changes.

So I would hope that that has changed.

:)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: December 07, 2015, 03:25:21 AM »
Caelum is much better now than it used to be. We haven't protested anyone out in months. :D We do have some active players now, and a cohesive goal, and people who are not afraid to take a stance. The changes in spearhold have freed us of a lot of diplomatic baggage.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: December 07, 2015, 06:33:43 PM »
Ar Agyr is fun. We had a short inactivity slump, but now everything is up and running and there's action to be found along with a lot of maneuverability. Even more so now probably since a few lords will have to leave due to the character limits.

Zakilevo

« Reply #22: December 07, 2015, 06:42:41 PM »
Riombara so far seems like as boring as ever.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: December 07, 2015, 06:43:37 PM »
Which is why they need someone to organize a dozen or so character to emigrate there and spice things up.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: December 07, 2015, 06:55:57 PM »
Which is why they need someone to organize a dozen or so character to emigrate there and spice things up.

Well my char is on his way, but I'll prob visit Nothoi first and see if they're willing to negotiate.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: December 07, 2015, 07:00:56 PM »
Thalmarkin! Always choose for the King of Kings!
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: December 08, 2015, 01:13:42 PM »
Thalmarkin! Always choose for the King of Kings!

King of Kings? You must realize that I've never set foot on BT ever. Not on my old account either. Is that some sort of Arcaean Emperor concept or so?

Also I think I'm already making friends in Nothoi! The Duke of Reeds seems to be ready to kick me out I guess, after being there for less than a turn :)

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: December 08, 2015, 01:31:06 PM »
What on earth did you do?
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: December 08, 2015, 01:37:08 PM »
It depends on which side you ask. :P As with most wars, things get twisted. Especially when the war's been going on over an OOC year.

One perspective is a voluntary allegiance out of respectful recognition that Fingolfin is the only ruler who has withstood invasions, and he was not only just around when they happened, but he ruled through several (I forget the exact number 2 or 3), never allied with inhuman forces, directly challenged Overlord, took brunt of Overlord's attack, and killed Overlord. Lorgan can wax eloquent on these points. Fingolfin doesn't decide matters for other realms in anything except one thing. He is recognized as the final decision-maker in case of inhuman invasion, to prevent the problem in past invasions of humans squabbling as equal rulers and using invasions as tools for their realm's advancement to the detriment of humanity as a whole, even allying with inhumans against other humans. Much righteousness in the King and he has the most majestic beard of all.

The other perspective is indeed the imperialist tyrant imposing his view upon the world with deceit, treachery, and lies and a fight for freedom.

I might be more familiar with one side than another.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: December 08, 2015, 02:06:59 PM »
What on earth did you do?

I entered Nothoi and opened negotiations with them. Duke of Reeds was not particularly fond of the idea of handing over Creasur to receive the support of about a dozen nobles in the war.

*Edit, and apparently he thought I threathened Nothoi by saying that if negotiations fail he has no choice but to look at other parties as well, including Nothoi's enemies.

It depends on which side you ask. :P As with most wars, things get twisted. Especially when the war's been going on over an OOC year.

One perspective is a voluntary allegiance out of respectful recognition that Fingolfin is the only ruler who has withstood invasions, and he was not only just around when they happened, but he ruled through several (I forget the exact number 2 or 3), never allied with inhuman forces, directly challenged Overlord, took brunt of Overlord's attack, and killed Overlord. Lorgan can wax eloquent on these points. Fingolfin doesn't decide matters for other realms in anything except one thing. He is recognized as the final decision-maker in case of inhuman invasion, to prevent the problem in past invasions of humans squabbling as equal rulers and using invasions as tools for their realm's advancement to the detriment of humanity as a whole, even allying with inhumans against other humans. Much righteousness in the King and he has the most majestic beard of all.

The other perspective is indeed the imperialist tyrant imposing his view upon the world with deceit, treachery, and lies and a fight for freedom.

I might be more familiar with one side than another.

I see, interesting. I always love the two (extreme) sides of the same story concept, makes it feel real. Well as far as Ginas is concerned, those invasions are greatly exaggerated anyway. As I said, never been to BT myself, so the Gabanus family has no information on the continent, nor the history.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 02:31:53 PM by Gabanus family »