Author Topic: Good realm to join?  (Read 22936 times)

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Good realm to join?
« Reply #15: December 08, 2015, 02:06:59 PM »
What on earth did you do?

I entered Nothoi and opened negotiations with them. Duke of Reeds was not particularly fond of the idea of handing over Creasur to receive the support of about a dozen nobles in the war.

*Edit, and apparently he thought I threathened Nothoi by saying that if negotiations fail he has no choice but to look at other parties as well, including Nothoi's enemies.

It depends on which side you ask. :P As with most wars, things get twisted. Especially when the war's been going on over an OOC year.

One perspective is a voluntary allegiance out of respectful recognition that Fingolfin is the only ruler who has withstood invasions, and he was not only just around when they happened, but he ruled through several (I forget the exact number 2 or 3), never allied with inhuman forces, directly challenged Overlord, took brunt of Overlord's attack, and killed Overlord. Lorgan can wax eloquent on these points. Fingolfin doesn't decide matters for other realms in anything except one thing. He is recognized as the final decision-maker in case of inhuman invasion, to prevent the problem in past invasions of humans squabbling as equal rulers and using invasions as tools for their realm's advancement to the detriment of humanity as a whole, even allying with inhumans against other humans. Much righteousness in the King and he has the most majestic beard of all.

The other perspective is indeed the imperialist tyrant imposing his view upon the world with deceit, treachery, and lies and a fight for freedom.

I might be more familiar with one side than another.

I see, interesting. I always love the two (extreme) sides of the same story concept, makes it feel real. Well as far as Ginas is concerned, those invasions are greatly exaggerated anyway. As I said, never been to BT myself, so the Gabanus family has no information on the continent, nor the history.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 02:31:53 PM by Gabanus family »
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela