Author Topic: Good realm to join?  (Read 22802 times)

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Good realm to join?
« Reply #30: December 08, 2015, 04:19:09 PM »
King of Kings? You must realize that I've never set foot on BT ever. Not on my old account either. Is that some sort of Arcaean Emperor concept or so?

Also I think I'm already making friends in Nothoi! The Duke of Reeds seems to be ready to kick me out I guess, after being there for less than a turn :)

Come on! You get there and say "hey give me half your realm or i'll fight for your enemy" to one of the oldest nobles, founder of the realm, and expect a good welcome?

Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: December 08, 2015, 04:21:04 PM »
Nasty Thalmarkin and their allies. Hypocrites all! Claim to be working against invaders and for humans. Yet they freely use large numbers of summoning scrolls to summon monsters and undead against their enemies. I hear they have official government appointees to research and use magic summoning scrolls to best effect against realms that won't bow to their will.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: December 08, 2015, 04:50:52 PM »
Come on! You get there and say "hey give me half your realm or i'll fight for your enemy" to one of the oldest nobles, founder of the realm, and expect a good welcome?

Who says I was expecting a good welcome? I was expecting fun and so far I'm getting it. It fits perfectly with Ginas RP so far (if you would've known his rulership and everything).

But why shouldn't I come in to a country and 'negotiate/demand' a better place for my nobles? Better than serving some foreign lord and just boringly fight a war :p
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: December 08, 2015, 05:08:42 PM »
Who says I was expecting a good welcome? I was expecting fun and so far I'm getting it. It fits perfectly with Ginas RP so far (if you would've known his rulership and everything).

But why shouldn't I come in to a country and 'negotiate/demand' a better place for my nobles? Better than serving some foreign lord and just boringly fight a war :p

Completely agree with you, it is fun. Just went with the wrong argument to the wrong duke
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: December 08, 2015, 05:19:26 PM »
Completely agree with you, it is fun. Just went with the wrong argument to the wrong duke

Actually the Duke of Creasur hasn't spoken yet. It's the Duke of Reeds who is so opposing the idea. We'll see what Remorse has to say about it, as well as the other council members. So far we've only heard 2 of them speak :)

Otherwise we'll have 2 other options to emigrate to I guess, ending up on the wrong side of the border. That would be funny in itself as well.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: December 08, 2015, 05:56:47 PM »
Vita's summary sums it up pretty well. Fingolfin is revered by his realm as it is their belief that he, with themselves on his side, saved humanity in the last invasion and is the only one who stands between the entirety of humanity and infinite darkness in the imminent next Invasion.

Nasty Thalmarkin and their allies. Hypocrites all! Claim to be working against invaders and for humans. Yet they freely use large numbers of summoning scrolls to summon monsters and undead against their enemies. I hear they have official government appointees to research and use magic summoning scrolls to best effect against realms that won't bow to their will.

Good thing you reminded me of that again... It's been sorta dormant since we lost the last Grand Wizard and a whole bunch of advies. But we've gotten plenty new advies later, time to revive it. :)
The purpose is gathering and using non-summoning scrolls however.

Also, Thalmarkin has not once used summoning scrolls en masse in this war. There've been incidents with nobles using them, naturally, but it's never been condoned or encouraged. I do know of instances they were strategically used by allies however and I think the current ruler of Spearhold has some dark cult around them. But well, I'm just happy they recognize the King of Kings already. ;) Which is why I have deliberately not informed Fingolfin of those instances, nor pushed the fact that Southern realms are using scrolls as well.

Glad to see fun times in Nothoi. Our own new arrivals have stirred some up some dust as well (though not such great clouds) and I like it. :)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: December 08, 2015, 06:01:48 PM »
Oh, Ivory Vale's entire realm council stepped down. So that's a thing.

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: December 08, 2015, 06:03:58 PM »
Actually the Duke of Creasur hasn't spoken yet. It's the Duke of Reeds who is so opposing the idea. We'll see what Remorse has to say about it, as well as the other council members. So far we've only heard 2 of them speak :)

Otherwise we'll have 2 other options to emigrate to I guess, ending up on the wrong side of the border. That would be funny in itself as well.

Remorse is a bit slow to reply sometimes, but we tend to agree (as I am the duke of Reeds xD)

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: December 08, 2015, 06:45:28 PM »
Remorse is a bit slow to reply sometimes, but we tend to agree (as I am the duke of Reeds xD)

Ah so you're the Duke of Reeds :)

Well I always got along well with Escent noble, so we'll see what Remorse says. But at this stage it seems we may reach an entirely different agreement alltogether. Depending on how Nothoi replies to my last letter. Somehow I can never really argue with the Chamberlain family :p

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #39: December 08, 2015, 09:20:07 PM »
Ivory Vale - Our Entire Ruling Council (and one of our Dukes) left.

So much room for activities!
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: December 08, 2015, 09:35:15 PM »
Ivory Vale - Our Entire Ruling Council (and one of our Dukes) left.

So much room for activities!

Oh yeah, you guys would give me one or 2 cities to form a new realm? :p

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: December 08, 2015, 09:36:18 PM »
The Atamaran Vale?

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: December 08, 2015, 11:55:44 PM »
The Atamaran Vale?

Sounds good. Atamaran in short and then "The Atamaran Vale" as the long version :p

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: December 11, 2015, 03:45:47 AM »
Join Fronen.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: December 11, 2015, 09:43:43 AM »
Join Fronen.

And what would be the reason to join Fronen then? Can't say this is quite convincing tbh