Author Topic: Darka's return?  (Read 25294 times)

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Darka's return?
« Reply #15: December 07, 2015, 01:01:50 AM »
I COULDN'T have done it any faster without making Tara target number one for the continent.

And without other rulers helping and proposing ideas as they did it never would have worked.  I could not have made the changes we did alone.  No way.  No how.

We all worked hard and long to turn Atamara around.

The story I just told was merely MY story of what I did.  And it is a very fragmentary one.  ;)

I most certainly did not "do" this.

We all did.

And I don't agree with the "too little too late" idea.  I know it is easy to say.  And I know many people agree with it.  I simply do not.  In my opinion, we did what we needed to do.  It was obviously too late.  The devs were already determined to sink the island.  But I don't agree on the too little.  We did what needed doing.  And the fractures that we generated to do it promise a far more fractured and interesting Atamara to play in.

And more than that, the rulers of Atamara know how bad things CAN get.  And we all know how hard we fought to mix things up.  If there is any island in Beluaterra less likely to have this problem crop up again it is Atamara.  Because we as a group, the rulers and the advisers and active nobles of just about every nation on the island, worked to break the problem.

I think it is an error to sink Atamara.  It has one of the best maps in the game.  And it has an effective and active player base devoted to a total war that promises to throw the entire continent into a new dark age of successor states to the grand League of the Eagle.

I think it is an error to throw that away and tell all those players they have to go somewhere else now.