Author Topic: Darka's return?  (Read 25081 times)

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Darka's return?
« Reply #30: December 07, 2015, 04:23:07 PM »
Yup...

That was the error that Cagil made that turned Minas Leon favorable towards toward Tara.  That and some of my messages and notes that I was looking to find a way to return Shanandoah to Minas Leon.  But as he said talk is easy and actions are hard.

And we aren't going to get a chance to see what happens there now.  But one way or another, whether through secession from Tara or as a gift to Minas Leon, I was pretty much decided that that city would leave Tara in the future.  Just didn't know how...;)

I actually had very few hard plans.  I had a basic idea I wanted to see but I didn't trust anybody enough to tell them what it was because I didn't know who would betray me.  And Tara was too weak to survive something like that.

So I took the dual strategies of breaking up other alliances while sending Taran troops into Minas Leon as practice.  Maneuver lessons.  Warfare training.  Not that I ever said that at the time.  It would have been an insult even worse than what I'd already given Minas Leon.  But Tara needed the practice.  We could barely field a 6k army when I became Tyrant.  So I practiced the army and then we...well...

The last year has been a wild ride...:)

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: December 07, 2015, 05:17:27 PM »
Yup...

That was the error that Cagil made that turned Minas Leon favorable towards toward Tara.  That and some of my messages and notes that I was looking to find a way to return Shanandoah to Minas Leon.  But as he said talk is easy and actions are hard.

And we aren't going to get a chance to see what happens there now.  But one way or another, whether through secession from Tara or as a gift to Minas Leon, I was pretty much decided that that city would leave Tara in the future.  Just didn't know how...;)

I actually had very few hard plans.  I had a basic idea I wanted to see but I didn't trust anybody enough to tell them what it was because I didn't know who would betray me.  And Tara was too weak to survive something like that.

So I took the dual strategies of breaking up other alliances while sending Taran troops into Minas Leon as practice.  Maneuver lessons.  Warfare training.  Not that I ever said that at the time.  It would have been an insult even worse than what I'd already given Minas Leon.  But Tara needed the practice.  We could barely field a 6k army when I became Tyrant.  So I practiced the army and then we...well...

The last year has been a wild ride...:)

Not so sure about error from a player's perspective I think they did it on purpose. But IG that was a grave error yeah.

And pff, even Caergoth had a bigger army than that. I was very surprised to see how weak CE's army had become though...
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: December 07, 2015, 08:28:22 PM »
Not so sure about error from a player's perspective I think they did it on purpose. But IG that was a grave error yeah.

And pff, even Caergoth had a bigger army than that. I was very surprised to see how weak CE's army had become though...

It was an IC decision for an OOC problem (not having war) that I and several others had a HUGE problem with.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: December 07, 2015, 10:56:46 PM »
It was an IC decision for an OOC problem (not having war) that I and several others had a HUGE problem with.

It wasn't part of a bigger plan to alienate Minas Leon (and with it prob Rieleston) from CE, preparing for strife?

Eirikr

« Reply #34: December 08, 2015, 04:04:59 AM »
It was already agreed that Darka were about to being created. Azzal and Massilion would have seceded and form Darka.

Just few hours before announcment about the sinking i had sent message to Talerium Prime Minister if he had discussed yet about it with Tara & Rielston.

Oh wells.. .Let see if Darka will be created somewhere else.

-Jaune

For the record, I consequently never got around to sending that letter... I figured it no longer mattered. :/

Fuchs

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: December 08, 2015, 04:13:49 AM »
Will it be recreated in the East Continent? I just joined the only realm at war on the island and I hope the new realms stir up some fun.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: December 08, 2015, 04:59:12 AM »
It wasn't part of a bigger plan to alienate Minas Leon (and with it prob Rieleston) from CE, preparing for strife?

No, but is sure did lead to that.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: December 08, 2015, 06:56:04 PM »
No, but is sure did lead to that.

Then I must agree with Medron that it was a very poor move from CE's side. I though it was part of a bigger plan, but apparently not. Then the announcement was CE's biggest mistake yeah.

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: December 08, 2015, 07:06:52 PM »
I would judge the three great mistakes we made thusly:

Tara - Keeping Shanandoah

Cagil - Declaring war on Minas Leon

Strombran - Dealing dishonestly with Suville

Each of those three actions greatly weakened the nation that performed them, even if it gave us temporary perceived power...

Schancke

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: December 08, 2015, 11:32:53 PM »

Well, at the last encounter CE fielded a mobile army of 20k CS.  We (by that I mean General Tharan) made some maneuvers to beat them in the first round - but after the second round we (Tara) were annihilated and CE ha 9 k CS left.

In the latter day Atamara, I wouldn't call that a weak army. They just needed some proper motivation, and a play war with Minas Leon didn't turn them on.

Eirikr

« Reply #40: December 09, 2015, 03:34:28 AM »
Well, at the last encounter CE fielded a mobile army of 20k CS.  We (by that I mean General Tharan) made some maneuvers to beat them in the first round - but after the second round we (Tara) were annihilated and CE ha 9 k CS left.

In the latter day Atamara, I wouldn't call that a weak army. They just needed some proper motivation, and a play war with Minas Leon didn't turn them on.

You have no idea how much I've had to try and convince people this could/would happen. It'd get even bigger if the island wasn't going to be an epic bathtub. Which, in some ways, means it's a good thing this is happening.