Author Topic: Sinking  (Read 19330 times)

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Sinking
« Reply #15: November 30, 2015, 05:32:34 PM »
Luria's lost more nobles recently due to people simply leaving than due to people going to northern realms. Not MANY more, but a few more. And a decent portion of those that did go north did so because they did not find Luria fun to play in or supportive of their goals.
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Shulee

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: November 30, 2015, 06:01:05 PM »
I think reason number 1 a little understated. :)

As an Asylonian, I didn't want to join Morek because I wasn't keen on their religion: I wanted to join anyone but Morek and Astrum so I could get back to warring them.

Dwilight has been fun since the monster invasion and it looks to me to be about to take yet another turn for the better.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: November 30, 2015, 06:02:19 PM »
Different styles appeal to different people. Especially the difference between internal politics, and external military action.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: December 01, 2015, 01:12:13 AM »
I enjoyed playing in Niselur, not so much in Luria. There's nothing particularly wrong with Luria it just doesn't have the same sense of adventure.

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: December 02, 2015, 08:18:07 AM »
Could a moderator please split off the Dwilight discussion and move it to the right subforum?  :-\
------
qui audet vincit

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: December 03, 2015, 05:30:03 AM »
Doesn't matter it's over anyway. So they will be sinking Atamara and FEI. I'm a little disappointed its happening so soon, I was hoping we could still shake up Atamara especially since CE is now at war with Tara, but it's no surprise.

RIP my family home though.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: December 03, 2015, 05:47:59 AM »
Doesn't matter it's over anyway. So they will be sinking Atamara and FEI. I'm a little disappointed its happening so soon, I was hoping we could still shake up Atamara especially since CE is now at war with Tara, but it's no surprise.

RIP my family home though.

Things might have been different had it not taken so long, but we just have to look ahead. Besides, you could always attempt to recreate an old realm in one of the new realms on East Island or the new one on Dwilight.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: December 03, 2015, 07:08:11 AM »
Well the west island of Dwilight is ripe for a bitter fight and colonization attempt, which will require a LOT of gold, coordination and nobles. So most realms should have two of the three covered!
Taselak is Best-elak.

Dallben

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: December 03, 2015, 11:01:02 PM »
Quote from: GundamMerc
I can tell you it wasn't the map or the large realms that hurt it. It was the near-helpless situation that people in the invasion were put in, not because of any player-caused event, but because of NPC rogues that were pretty much unstoppable.

QFT.  I was pretty pissed off - not so much THAT they overran the whole of the West, but that the Devs gave no heads up about it, and neglected to tell everyone the monsters were literally unstoppable.  In Niselur we spent so much of our resources fighting the monsters we had nothing left to try to carve out a realm in the East.  Asylon at least guessed correctly and just left with enough resources to make it.  Could've been interesting if both Niselur and Asylon had full strength and banded together like we planned.  The whole Lurian war might've ended differently.  Oh well.

@Ossan:
Antiqualia's performance:  Yeah, it has ended up really lacklustre.  None of us were really willing to step up and lead after Wouter/Fulco ordered war and then kind of dropped away into inactivity.  Pratap Eastwood basically flipped us off and quit as well, so there went the next most senior player.  It's a lot harder than one might think to defend regions by sailing around vs marching, and try to TO a region that can instantly replenish militia due to the broken militia mechanic.  Goddamn but sailing is expensive with reasonably-sized units.  I have to admit I would have taken Arnor's deal at the outset and built up with Cold Spring intact, but Wouter/Fulco D`Este did what he did, and I'm doing the best I can to lead a realm of nice and mostly quiet people who also don't really have time to lead a realm.

Could certainly use some help, or to get obliterated.  Either or.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: December 03, 2015, 11:21:58 PM »
Yeah I know how hard it can be to find a decent leader in a small realm since it can be quite the time and effort commitment. The option for peace is still there though... it will be better than blowing all your gold on ships.
Taselak is Best-elak.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: December 04, 2015, 01:14:25 AM »
Yeah I know how hard it can be to find a decent leader in a small realm since it can be quite the time and effort commitment. The option for peace is still there though... it will be better than blowing all your gold on ships.

Helm refuses to consider peace.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: December 04, 2015, 01:38:26 AM »
Refuses peace on the terms Antiqualia wants, maybe. Antiqualia was offered peace at least a few times during the early stages of the war, and even before the war started, and refused.

I'm not saying the terms were the best. Or even that they were acceptable. I don't really know or care. But merely saying that Helm won't agree to peace is more than a bit disingenuous.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: December 04, 2015, 01:47:44 AM »
Destroying AQ was never a goal either...
Taselak is Best-elak.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: December 04, 2015, 08:43:39 AM »
AQ should join Westfold. I always argued against sending nobles to that one region nonsense and subsequent events have only proven me right.
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Dallben

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: December 04, 2015, 04:12:55 PM »
Yeah the Westfold is a temptation and bit of an irritation.  We cannot join until things settle down a bit, and by then it may or may not be possible to branch off from Gelene to potentially retake Niselur - Don't even know if the Devs intend that to be possible.  Shoot, most of us in AQ were originally from Niselur.  Of course *most* still only counts for like 3 of us. :P

JDodger:  AQ could have worked with enough nobles at the outset.  'Told-you-so' is a rather pointless comment, especially if you merely grumbled to limited numbers of people.  I don't remember ever hearing anyone try to talk any of us from going North, so I don't think you should be so smugly satisfied with your prediction.  Besides, OOC nay-saying is such crap in a game that requires players to Do something (take risks, make mistakes, piss people off) in order to be interesting.