Author Topic: The Future  (Read 23954 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: The Future
« Reply #30: December 22, 2015, 10:35:21 PM »
Umm, no. Character limits weren't scheduled to go into effect until yesterday, not three weeks ago. And we probably should have posted a reminder a couple days ago.

"We anticipate that these changes will all go into effect on December 21, 2015. In order to make things go as smooth as possible for yourself, make sure that you meet the new character limits in time."
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: December 22, 2015, 10:43:59 PM »
I said the announcement was three weeks ago, not the changes themselves. The changes, as we both said, were scheduled for the 21st. It is the 22nd.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: December 22, 2015, 10:59:57 PM »
OK, I see how it could be read that way. But that's not what it looks like on first reading.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: December 22, 2015, 11:30:57 PM »
It should have been in the News Ticker seeing as most players don't visit the forums. I only check in when I think you're all about to do something that'll annoy me ;)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: December 22, 2015, 11:36:22 PM »
The Newsticker and the Forum Announcements are synced and have been for some years now.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: December 23, 2015, 05:12:48 AM »
It should have been in the News Ticker seeing as most players don't visit the forums. I only check in when I think you're all about to do something that'll annoy me ;)

It has been in the news ticker for nearly a month now. If people aren't observant enough to notice a sudden WoT in the news ticker, that's on them.

Noble family

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: December 23, 2015, 08:07:41 AM »
FWIW, I've been playing on the Colonies for years now and while it is true that the activity level ebs and flows as time goes by it has been my favorite island to play on.  The extra time in between turns gives you lots of ways to plot mischief and mayhem.  You just have to be patient with it.  And, if you're in a realm that's dead quiet for some reason just start stirring the pot...   ;D

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: December 24, 2015, 11:02:05 AM »
Dunno about that... I arrived in one realm and was the only one who spoke for like 4 days... so I left again lol.  Joined a Dubhaine realm... gotta be a good thing in my book.. (no pressure!!)

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: December 25, 2015, 02:04:18 AM »
It has been in the news ticker for nearly a month now. If people aren't observant enough to notice a sudden WoT in the news ticker, that's on them.

I meant specifically the date when the change would happen.

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: December 25, 2015, 02:06:11 AM »
Dunno about that... I arrived in one realm and was the only one who spoke for like 4 days... so I left again lol.  Joined a Dubhaine realm... gotta be a good thing in my book.. (no pressure!!)

I worry that I've reached the stage where that's a thing...

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: December 25, 2015, 02:19:25 AM »
I meant specifically the date when the change would happen.

There's a read more button on the announcement. If you pressed that, it'd take you to the full announcement, where it says December 21 is when the changes should take place.

As I said, be observant.

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: December 28, 2015, 08:16:36 PM »
There's a read more button on the announcement. If you pressed that, it'd take you to the full announcement, where it says December 21 is when the changes should take place.

As I said, be observant.

Don't be such an arrogant arse, it really isn't helpful.

The date when the change was due to come into effect was one of the most significant bits of information so it should have been right at the top of the announcement - preferably in bold red type.