Author Topic: Ivory Vale has a troll problem  (Read 3559 times)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Ivory Vale has a troll problem
« Topic Start: November 28, 2015, 06:48:21 PM »
Yes, I already sent a report to the Titans.

Anyways, some asshat has been flooding the IG messaging with OOC hate, purposefully trying to stir up anger and basically ruin the fun we have in this game.

Too bad for him I'm laughing at him for wasting his time rather than doing something productive. Like educating himself.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Ivory Vale has a troll problem
« Reply #1: November 28, 2015, 07:06:21 PM »
Yep, that looks like a real problem.

The Titans will deal with it ASAP.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: November 28, 2015, 07:09:49 PM »
* Indirik misses the OOC ban for crap like this.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: November 30, 2015, 05:35:04 AM »
* Indirik misses the OOC ban for crap like this.

I absolutely disagree. That tool, in my observation, tended to be abused more than used properly by rulers. Good riddance.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: November 30, 2015, 02:10:35 PM »
Not only that, if someone's being a jerk OOC, do you think they're going to stop because they get OOC banned? Or do you think they're just going to go be a jerk to some other realm?

This way, we can keep an eye on this guy, and if he does anything like this again, we lengthen the lock to a week.

If he keeps it up, he can get a perma-lock.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: November 30, 2015, 03:23:56 PM »
Titans get informed when an ooc ban happens, and can investigate. The troll/abuser gets immediately removed from the situation so no one has to suffer them, and the titans can still investigate.

I know you guys didn't like it, but I did. The only two or three times it was used in realms I was in, it was perfect.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: November 30, 2015, 06:16:52 PM »
Titans get informed when an ooc ban happens, and can investigate. The troll/abuser gets immediately removed from the situation so no one has to suffer them, and the titans can still investigate.

I know you guys didn't like it, but I did. The only two or three times it was used in realms I was in, it was perfect.

The only times I saw it used, the Titans didn't do anything and effectively upheld it. I even saw it happen with no adequate explanation to the banished player why they were banished by the ruler or the Titans, effectively smearing their name in the family history for as long as the account exists, with no recourse to object. There have been times where it looked like strong IC reasoning for the OOC ban. Nothing happened. I even know of an amusing incident where a player was OOC banned, suspected for IC reasonings, Titans did nothing, player became disgruntled through rest of playing career. Then, many, many years later, disgruntled player OOC banned another player, suspected for IC reasonings, Titans did nothing, second player became disgruntled. History repeating.

I understand there's been periods where Titan activity has been low and reports responded to slowly or closed because they were ignored too long, and those above incidents were probably subject to that. But...just sharing my perspective. Apparently we've had vastly different ones.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: November 30, 2015, 07:31:59 PM »
Yeah, different players, different experiences.

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: December 07, 2015, 12:33:28 AM »
I dislike OOC bans and am glad that they are no longer an option.  I believe it is far too easy for one person to abuse a power like that, and believe that it is harder for a committee of people to abuse it.  As such I really think that OOC bans should be limited to Titan or higher authority.