Author Topic: Mentoring Forum Sorting Bug  (Read 1429 times)

Eirikr

Mentoring Forum Sorting Bug
« Topic Start: December 10, 2015, 09:29:19 AM »
Ah, the troublesome table strikes once again!

The Mentoring Forum (accessed from the family page) currently sorts the "Original Post Sent" and "Last Post Sent" columns by the numerical value alone, placing "1 day ago" right next to "1 month ago".

I imagine this is likely a known, low priority issue, but I thought I'd make sure.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Mentoring Forum Sorting Bug
« Reply #1: December 10, 2015, 09:40:58 AM »
Yes, but thank you for reminding me. There's a bug report/feature request about Mentoring Forums on bugtracker already. If you can add that and any other annoyances to it, that'd be helpful.

I've not had any luck with creating a customized sorting mechanism for the legacy DataTables library we use so Anaris probably needs to take a stab at it. It's not the only place that needs a more accurate sorting function.

Eirikr

Re: Mentoring Forum Sorting Bug
« Reply #2: December 11, 2015, 02:27:31 AM »
Yes, but thank you for reminding me. There's a bug report/feature request about Mentoring Forums on bugtracker already. If you can add that and any other annoyances to it, that'd be helpful.

I've not had any luck with creating a customized sorting mechanism for the legacy DataTables library we use so Anaris probably needs to take a stab at it. It's not the only place that needs a more accurate sorting function.

I'd actually reported a few in the main game before and they got fixed, so I've got faith in Anaris' skills. I'm guessing a workaround would be to simply use one set of units (for example make everything days - 1 hour being .042 of a day).