Author Topic: The Big Announcement  (Read 27853 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The Big Announcement
« Reply #15: December 03, 2015, 04:52:38 PM »
You need less interaction now with the new estate system than ever before. When I began to play, I had to talk with Lords to take an estate and so on. Now you can start in a region and your Lord and Duke even need to know you.

You can't force people to interact meaningfully by requiring them to ask you for an estate. All that does is encourage Lords to be stingy with estates, and make new players, who may be shy and afraid of making a blunder, less likely to be able to actually do stuff in their first few days in the game.

For new players, it's much more important for their Lord or Duke to welcome them than it is to require them to introduce themselves.

Scout reports, military orders, asking for estates, directing people here or there for region maintenance—none of that is the kind of interaction that is going to hold people's interest. The best kind of interaction for that is roleplaying—not necessarily writing long narrative messages, but chatting amongst each other about things going on in the realm and the world.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan