Author Topic: The Big Announcement  (Read 27793 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: The Big Announcement
« Reply #45: December 04, 2015, 06:17:50 AM »
Tim, You mention cutting tax rates in half for lords in the largest realms. Previously, the game states that a "standard" (in my terms normal/acceptable tax rate) is 10%. Does that mean that in larger realms 10% will no longer be a reasonable tax rate to run?
Yes.

10% is the default. Each realm's base rate is then modified to favor smaller realms over larger realms. However, this mod hasn't been working properly, so we've seen realms grow larger. I've implemented changes that should make the mod more effective again.

But I want to clarify its not as simple as 'do not run 10%'. Its more just, lower taxes from whatever you've been running at right now. If you've been running high taxes, sure, keep running them, but the new high is a little bit lower now. Or if you were running lower taxes, now you need to run even lower taxes. For the large realms. The larger the realm, the more you should lower the tax rate.

I mainly want to know whether this will change the base acceptable tax rate, or if it will severely punish trying to run higher than normal tax rates or both.

It changes the base acceptable tax rate. There's already severe punishments for trying to run higher than normal accept tax rates that exist. But when the base acceptable tax rate change goes into effect, it may mean that the current tax rates are now much higher than the new normal acceptable tax rate, thus triggering the penalty. So to avoid the penalty, reduce the tax rate in your regions.