Author Topic: The Big Announcement  (Read 27406 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
The Big Announcement
« Topic Start: December 03, 2015, 03:10:21 AM »
Please refer to it here.

Please discuss it below.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Big Announcement
« Reply #1: December 03, 2015, 03:28:52 AM »
IT BEGINS!

Faulcon_deLacy

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 03, 2015, 03:39:39 AM »
Farewell Arcaea, survivor of the entire Far East from beginning to end.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 03, 2015, 03:49:17 AM »
Farewell Arcaea, survivor of the entire Far East from beginning to end.

Not so fast, and of course a realm is never the same as the former, but...
3) Three new realms are being created on East Island in the following cities: Xavax, Itorunt, Semall
4) A new realm is being created on Dwilight in the city of Gelene
Some additional special procedures relating to the ramp up of these realms will be communicated to the characters in these realms as required.

Rest assured that once the realm council is elected, each of the new realms will be allowed to establish their realms as they wish, whether thats as entirely new creations or a continuation of older realms and islands.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: December 03, 2015, 05:35:24 AM »
Now I'm saddened by the one noble limit per continent, I'd LOVE to start a new Noble in Gelene! But I already have Oswaldo in Arnor and he's got a good gig going. Though if this means the west is opening perhaps he can join some expedition to do something else there.

Also RIP my family home, it's in Hidale :( Too bad Atamara finally just started getting interesting again. Time for people to make "Sell your realm!" threats in EI, BT and Dwilight though!

I do love this change though! Very good.
6) When an adventurer gathers enough recommendations to become a noble, and the player already has an active noble on that island, they will have the option to emigrate the adventurer as part of the ennoblement process. This will allow players with both a noble and adventurer on the same island to ennoble the adventurer without having to first pause their noble, provided they do not already have nobles on all open continents.

Also the lordless region changes will be interesting, I dunno what effect it will have but it would be nice if it made it harder to have giant realms without enough nobles.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

Fuchs

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: December 03, 2015, 05:44:04 AM »
A few question about the new changes.

1. What will happen to the region your family is from if it's island sinks.
2. Is immigration instant now and when the islands are sunk.
3. What will these new realm be like? Its leaders, flag, and other things.
4. Will we get notice when the realms are created.

Fuchs

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: December 03, 2015, 05:47:36 AM »
Sorry, I forgot one.

5. Will we be able to takeover regions that are not next to our realm? So everyone gets a chance to make a realm on dwilight in the west.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: December 03, 2015, 05:57:48 AM »
1. What will happen to the region your family is from if it's island sinks.
I believe the old mechanic to deal with family homes on the old South Islands (sunk when Dwilight opened) is still around and will handle this.
2. Is immigration instant now and when the islands are sunk.
No. It takes time like usual. You need to do it yourself. For those who don't leave themsleves, later, the continents will be closed and there will be an 'emigrate' link from the Account page. In January, all remaining characters will be moved to another continent and the islands sunk.
3. What will these new realm be like? Its leaders, flag, and other things.
We've made various temporary adjustments to the realms that will be communicated to those players in the realms. Its leaders will be elected by the players in the realm. Flag and other things will be determined at that point and will be further communicated to the players in the realm.
4. Will we get notice when the realms are created.
Realms should be created by the time you arrive, in the next couple days.
5. Will we be able to takeover regions that are not next to our realm? So everyone gets a chance to make a realm on dwilight in the west.
This mechanic is not changing.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: December 03, 2015, 06:10:00 AM »
Sorry, I forgot one.

Er can't you do that already?
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

m2rt

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: December 03, 2015, 09:36:08 AM »
Okay. Seems that its a time to make a pause of Battlemaster. Probably eternal.

Over 9 years of non stop playing BM has been a great part of my development as a person. But these continously idiotic decisions have been driving me away for the past few years under the new developers.

You need to understand that you must mold the game based on the players, not the players based on the game. At the moment you are limiting and forcing players to do things they dont want. For years.

I was drawn to BM because it had few rules and you could imagine practically everything. The game mechanics supported the freedom. Now you mostly limit the freedom.

If you would have analyzed a bit, then Atamara has been really evolving into a very fun continent. Old alliances are getting broken and wars have been started. Even CE and Tara are at war. There are only 2 realms not involved in a war and one of those two realms is an infiltraitor realm and the other was going to be in a war in few weeks. Also Atamara had rich history which I really liked.

After Alexandrous was forced to leave, Atamara has been the only continent I have enjoyed. Truly enjoyed. Like bursting into laughs enjoyed. And that is why I call you idiots. Tyrannical idiots.

Though I will remember you idiots with kind words as I have played with most of you and have had a lot of fun. I mean it. I call you idiots like a friend calls another friend when they do a stupid thing.

I will continue to play as long as AT is here, will loot it to the ground! By the way, we have been looting CE for weeks now...

The voyage has been awesome!
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish!

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: December 03, 2015, 10:10:06 AM »
m2rt, dont give up :)
I will miss Atamara too... but Darka will arise on another island...
~Violence is always an option!~

Nellamkuyzhil

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: December 03, 2015, 10:16:54 AM »
Okay. Seems that its a time to make a pause of Battlemaster. Probably eternal.

Over 9 years of non stop playing BM has been a great part of my development as a person. But these continously idiotic decisions have been driving me away for the past few years under the new developers.

You need to understand that you must mold the game based on the players, not the players based on the game. At the moment you are limiting and forcing players to do things they dont want. For years.

I was drawn to BM because it had few rules and you could imagine practically everything. The game mechanics supported the freedom. Now you mostly limit the freedom.

If you would have analyzed a bit, then Atamara has been really evolving into a very fun continent. Old alliances are getting broken and wars have been started. Even CE and Tara are at war. There are only 2 realms not involved in a war and one of those two realms is an infiltraitor realm and the other was going to be in a war in few weeks. Also Atamara had rich history which I really liked.

After Alexandrous was forced to leave, Atamara has been the only continent I have enjoyed. Truly enjoyed. Like bursting into laughs enjoyed. And that is why I call you idiots. Tyrannical idiots.

Though I will remember you idiots with kind words as I have played with most of you and have had a lot of fun. I mean it. I call you idiots like a friend calls another friend when they do a stupid thing.

I will continue to play as long as AT is here, will loot it to the ground! By the way, we have been looting CE for weeks now...

The voyage has been awesome!
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish!

Try looting Strombran hot stuff. See what happens :-D.
Agree with you though. Trynical idiots the admins.
I mean I lost a bit of my mental stability on hearing the news (who'll make me region lord again?!?!!) And I haven't even been in the game a full month.
Come with us to wherever my realm mates go to. Let's find v out how the war ends.

Ironsun

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: December 03, 2015, 10:18:33 AM »
I realize the changes will happen on December 21st.

But when does the emmigration process change to the new mode?
And when are the new realms available? It would kind of make sense to have them available before the deadline.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: December 03, 2015, 10:33:36 AM »
The emigration penalties should be removed right now, as in the announcement.

The 'new mode' where there's an emigrate link from the account page should start on the 14th of December (as specified by 'in a couple weeks' in the actual Announcement) when we close the continents. This is also when we plan to have had the elections in new realms complete; the elections in the new realms begin on the 11th of December.

The new realms will be created quite shortly. Feel free to start emigrating now, if you wish.

Ironsun

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: December 03, 2015, 10:45:49 AM »
The new realms will be created quite shortly. Feel free to start emigrating now, if you wish.

Nice. That's kind of exciting. ;)