Author Topic: Which interesting realms to join in Dwilight?  (Read 40994 times)

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
Re: Which interesting realms to join in Dwilight?
« Topic Start: December 04, 2015, 04:48:52 AM »
Without warning? I can't believe that. Everyone knew that Antiqualia was going to go to war with Arnor. You owned Cold Spring! Did you think they were just going to roll over and let you keep it? And with the way the two rulers couldn't come to an agreement, it was predestined.
Semantics! Picky semantics :p Of course we all knew it was going to happen, but I think it is justifiable IC to call it that.

This is what happens when a realm grows to monster proportions, being so grossly larger than their neighbors. They inevitably lose the war, get forced to sign some treaty that restricts them to living in virtual subservience to their neighbor, whether that's intentional or not. There's nothing either of the realms could have done. So everyone gets frustrated and goes inactive, and the realms wither and die. We have seen this many, many times.
Aye, I certainly intend to keep any realms I am in from getting TOO big in the future too. Hopefully the new changes will help with that.

A bit of a conclusion jump? The players didn't leave from being defeated by Luria. They left because they refused to do anything afterward and bored themselves to death with inaction. You can't keep expecting the game to entertain you, you have to act yourself. There were opportunities for them to do something, but they intentionally limited what they would consider doing.
You're reading far too much into a quick summary sentence. I don't think that they all left directly because of it, but they did lose pretty badly and people left afterwards. Being on the complete opposite end of the continent that's all I really know, and I dunno what there was to keep them interested after that anyway. Fissoa doesn't have the greatest location unfortunately.

I highly doubt that having their realm defeated and forced to split in two had zero effect upon the player's decisions afterwards though :p EDIT: But also that feels like a topic for another thread I think.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 05:16:11 AM by Ossan »
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.