Author Topic: Which interesting realms to join in Dwilight?  (Read 40950 times)

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Which interesting realms to join in Dwilight?
« Reply #120: January 19, 2016, 07:12:25 PM »
Assuming you're talking about Westfold, because that's where your character is, I don't know how you're counting. Because I'm a skeptic, and because I *know* that I counted back when Luria Nova was trying to play the "form a realm for the western refugees" schtick. You have 3 characters in your realm that are former members of a western realm. Rossgyr, Jericho, and Hengist.

As for HD, there's Lan, Shintuk II (only as a technicality, was 22 days until they joined LN), Velden, and Glaumring (I guess we *do* have to count him... :p ) So, yeah, four there. The funny thing is that when Eviera founded HD and claimed it was a refugee realm for the westerners, Luria Nova flat out rejected it. And now it has *more* refugees than the official refugee realm created by Luria nova! ::)

Hey don't forget those who remained in LN, like Jocelin and Goriad.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121: January 19, 2016, 08:55:39 PM »
"Woe is me! I made poor choices, and paid the price for it. Now everyone will quit!"

Srsly... It is possible for people to have fun *without* following your plot lines. There is a crapload of potential for future conflict. Morek/Astrum, Morek/Swordfell, that new realm Westcopy or whatever... Lord knows I've been driving wedges everywhere I can find a crack. (And even making some new cracks myself!) Just because we joined together to beat up that one annoying jerky kid doesn't mean we're bff's.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Shulee

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #122: January 19, 2016, 10:12:42 PM »
... that new realm Westcopy ...

we prefer West2

Let the dust settle and we'll have an internal discussion on a new name. Nearly impossible to have it before leaving Luria. :D

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #123: January 20, 2016, 12:04:55 AM »
I'm happy to see 41 nobles over in Westgard, but do wish some would consider joining other realms. Many of us could use additional nobles and participants -- especially for their ambition and desires.

Well they will, same with why Madina, Astrum and D'Hara had an influx as well. People want to carve new realms out of the west.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #124: January 20, 2016, 01:45:06 AM »
Realms can't change names, except for very special circumstances, involving game master intervention. "We were boring and uncreative" isn't a good reason for a name change.

Shulee

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #125: January 20, 2016, 04:09:17 AM »
Realms can't change names, except for very special circumstances, involving game master intervention. "We were boring and uncreative" isn't a good reason for a name change.

dammit. well, I'll know for the next time :D

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #126: January 20, 2016, 04:49:26 AM »
Next time you can go for something spiffy, like... The Honored People's Democratic Republic of the Constitutional  Dictatorial Monarchy for the Western Directed Protectorate of Lurian Pawns.

Or ...

The HPDRotCDMftWDPoLP

Which most people refer to as "that Western thing".

Shulee

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #127: January 20, 2016, 05:45:35 AM »
Oh com'on, it's prawns not pawns.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #128: January 20, 2016, 07:06:09 AM »
Westfold was going to be name long before there was a Westgard.
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #129: January 20, 2016, 02:15:00 PM »
Many real life realms and modern nations have pretty boring names too.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #130: February 15, 2016, 03:39:04 AM »
There re still so many names on the many Continents and characters too that I have trouble spelling it could well cause a diplomatic incident one day.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #131: February 27, 2016, 06:28:31 PM »
"Woe is me! I made poor choices, and paid the price for it. Now everyone will quit!"

Srsly... It is possible for people to have fun *without* following your plot lines. There is a crapload of potential for future conflict. Morek/Astrum, Morek/Swordfell, that new realm Westcopy or whatever... Lord knows I've been driving wedges everywhere I can find a crack. (And even making some new cracks myself!) Just because we joined together to beat up that one annoying jerky kid doesn't mean we're bff's.

Don't forget LN! We may be hurting from all the insurrections, but eventually we'll be back to fighting all our neighbors at once, you mark my words. Between Swordfell getting uppity and Arkady Mayhem being a Mayhem in Luria Boreal, there's no shortage of potential future conflict!