Author Topic: Which interesting realms to join in Dwilight?  (Read 41375 times)

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Which interesting realms to join in Dwilight?
« Reply #15: December 04, 2015, 06:38:19 PM »
The north of Dwilight is currently the hotspot of activity and warfare. Astrum, Morek and Swordfell are the old guard, while the others splintered from Morek (and Astrum?) to create more interesting conflict on the island. When the Western half of Dwilight was invaded by monsters, those that immigrated east and didn't ragequit mostly went to Luria (though recently HD as well). Luria and HD are currently involved in making a home for Western refugees out of Astrumite lands. In the recent past Luria won a war fighting against nearly every other realm on the island, in no small part due to the Westerners that took refuge there. The colony is sort of a pay back for services.

Many of the Westerners were part of a realm called Asylon, which before the reduction of the island, was the largest realm on the island and had constant warfare against its neighbors (especially Astrum). Without a doubt HD and the new colony, whenever it gets set up, seem to have the same commitment to conflict. It could be many of the newer northern realms do as well.

When I was in Luria it was very active, but the roleplays there have been entrenched for generations. It seemed to me that people were chosen as Dukes several IRL years before any opening became available. They have an incredible infrastructure for war, but due to their recent successes, need to travel long distances to partake in it.

Religion is a big deal on Dwilight, and used to be bigger back in the day. Most all conflicts happened around religion, with one religion (SA, though it is now splintered) particularly dominating the entire island. I hope with an influx of nobles there is a bigger push to bring this back (I think the two SA factions need to be consolidated).

D'Harans are slimy fish people.
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)