Author Topic: Which interesting realms to join in Dwilight?  (Read 41538 times)

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
Re: Which interesting realms to join in Dwilight?
« Reply #45: December 05, 2015, 01:06:00 PM »
And on the other side of the spectrum you have HD and Arnor which are doing well. Even the remains of Morek are still fun with 4 people because they are able to RP well. Arnor would be doing better if not for OOC activity issues and if peace had been made sooner, but oh well. Hopefully we can work something out there.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

EstionTarcyn

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: December 05, 2015, 02:23:22 PM »
The Daughters of Morek is considerably larger though than Fissoa and Madina. If we make the city states too small they simply cannot sustain themselves. If you get too few nobles, the realm simply dies because they cannot do anything. Realistically, optimistically I think we should see an influx of maybe 30-50 new nobles on Dwilight. Hopefully they will be spread out equally amongst the realms. (IMO I hope very few join Luria as they are already quite huge)

Let us just all hope for a new and revitalized Dwlight.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: December 05, 2015, 05:29:18 PM »
The hilarity in all this is that all the people who are going "Luria bad, woe is Dwilight" aren't even in a position to see their internal/external politics. They're far more fragmented than they let on to the outside.

So yeah, just a heads up for the future, keep a close watch on Westfold's diplomacy.

EstionTarcyn

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: December 05, 2015, 05:55:50 PM »
Personally I wouldn't say Luria is bad, just big. They eventually ended up that size because of the wars and whatever. Now with the empire mechanics that would trim the empires something might happen to Luria, which would be a shame, at least to some degree that they fall to game mechanics, though the RP of such an event would be cool, wish I could be part of it.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: December 05, 2015, 06:16:40 PM »
Personally I wouldn't say Luria is bad, just big. They eventually ended up that size because of the wars and whatever. Now with the empire mechanics that would trim the empires something might happen to Luria, which would be a shame, at least to some degree that they fall to game mechanics, though the RP of such an event would be cool, wish I could be part of it.

Nah, I can definitively tell you if anything happens, it will be RP that causes it.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: December 05, 2015, 08:57:00 PM »
Neither Fissoa nor Madina has the nobles to fight anyone. They have 5 and 6 nobles I believe, they can barely fight anywhere due to how few they are.
Yes, you're looking at numbers now, not immediately after peace. This is the result *of doing nothing*. I bet, if they started something local, they'd attract nobles, even without the influx of characters occurring now.

Not to mention, by subduing everyone you will lose players to being demoralized and broken.
The subjugation you see, isn't there. The players were lost from the leaders sitting on their arses and not leading their players into the next role.

Not to mention you have written the treaty where Fissoa and Madina cannot rejoin each other, do they know this does not count for conquest or does it? If one were to subdue one another?
Well, I don't know what the current leaders and players know, but I did communicate with both the original fissoan government and both immediate successor governments afterward (skyndarbau/alastor).

And now that I actually read the treaty on the in-game interface....there's actually not a single treaty term that prohibits war between them. It merely states the manner of their separation. The future is left open. I posted the treaty elsewhere on the forum just a moment ago.

A conqueror's bane is that when there is no one else to conquer, they can only conquer themselves.
Indeed. Luria has trodden this path before, though usually a bit less willingly.

D'Hara and Lurian are stood practically on two sides of a stream, poking each other with sticks occasionally, hardly a war at this point as it is disagreeing neighbours  ;D
Pretty much. We're a rather mild Hatfields and McCoys.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: December 05, 2015, 09:20:17 PM »
IMO I hope very few join Luria as they are already quite huge
I think you understate the case when you consider characters departing to Westfold, as well as internal lurian reforms. Luria will probably be hurting the most after they're done. The difference is they'll keep finding something to do, which attracts nobility, instead of sitting around, which repels nobility.

That's the thing I've been trying to convey. It seems to me that many sit around waiting until they 'have enough' nobility to do something. The problem is, it doesn't work like that. If you do that, you lose nobility because there's nothing happening to keep their interest. The best thing to do is to just go do *anything* that engages the players, even if its a risky gamble, and lo and behold, you'll find players trickling, or gushing, into your realms. Wars and just talking to your realmmates (serious planning, silly downtime, narrative roleplays, rebellious conspiracy, power-grabbing geopolitics, anything but another game-generated realm report!) are the best ways. You know this because D'Hara is good at talking to each other and you make the occasional military campaign to keep something in front of your nobles. And not just you. D'Hara has kept one of the better density rates with Swordfell and Luria for *most* of the last couple years on Dwilight. But this is what Madina and Fissoa needed to do, as Arnor, AQ, ME, HD etc. have been doing with success up north and growing.

...aren't even in a position to see their internal/external politics. They're far more fragmented than they let on to the outside.
Hey, hey, hey! Our secrets! :P It doesn't help when D'Harans wander in babysitting the Emperor's adopted children (I tease) and start dueling/killing our uppity Rangers. Twas a good week.

They ended up that size because that was the extent of their realm previous to the invasions, which was the extent of 3-4 realms before that. Yes, it happened successfully because of the war with an incredibly-close refit and player communication to attract more nobles, but I just want to stress that the lurian borders are also roleplay based. Hence that thorn, Flying Hongrns, with Swordfell.

Luria's been planning to reduce itself when it was done with the foreigners for awhile anyway. It's now being forced to do it a lot faster than the players planned. So we've been setting up background roleplay in some circles here and there for months now with various small preparations and political maneuvers.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: December 07, 2015, 02:23:36 AM »
One question though after reading all these.

We cannot create character on Dwilight correct? It has to be migrated from other island. Do this rule still in effect?

A few realms look interesting to me and may appeal to my character who needed to migrate from EC.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: December 07, 2015, 02:32:06 AM »
No, you can create a char on Dwilight and always have. Dwilight has just always had the 1-noble, 1 advy active limits.

You might be thinking of BT, which hasn't allowed a new character to be created throughout its history. But that limitation was removed at the beginning of November, so as of now, new character creation should be possible on all islands.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: December 07, 2015, 04:22:53 AM »
Thank you, Vita. Almost time to migrate. Putting a closing speech.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: December 07, 2015, 08:23:08 AM »
And Helyg Derwyddon is in need of a Banker once again. I swear, we can't keep that position filled at all.

EstionTarcyn

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: December 07, 2015, 12:31:14 PM »
We have the same situation where the Lord General is a cursed position, those who take it end up removed from the office before time. The last three went like this inactive-captured-inactive, and we are voting on one now xD

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: December 07, 2015, 04:21:55 PM »
Banker sucks. Worst council position ever.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: December 07, 2015, 05:14:49 PM »

I'm pretty sure it's the only council fame point I'm still missing :)
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: December 07, 2015, 08:31:52 PM »

This is funny to me, as I both enjoy the Banker position and consider it to be the second most powerful after Ruler.
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.