Author Topic: Which interesting realms to join in Dwilight?  (Read 40956 times)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Which interesting realms to join in Dwilight?
« Reply #60: December 07, 2015, 08:32:58 PM »
This is funny to me, as I both enjoy the Banker position and consider it to be the second most powerful after Ruler.

A banker can hold a Duke hostage by starving his regions of food.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: December 07, 2015, 08:49:21 PM »
He could, but 90% chance he'll get turfed out of his position for that.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: December 07, 2015, 09:09:14 PM »
A banker can hold a Duke hostage by starving his regions of food.

and more
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: December 07, 2015, 10:23:16 PM »
Banker is a really underestimated position. It's a position all about influence. You're one of the most valuable people in the realm if you do the job well. You'll quickly rise in power if you choose to become banker when no one else does, and perform the role like it should be done.

It's like a plumber, everyone disregards or disrespects them until they are literally the most important thing the realm needs. It's by far my favorite council position.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: December 07, 2015, 10:53:55 PM »
I didn't say it didn't have power. Or that you couldn't do mean things with it. Or that you couldn't be tricky and use it to earn lots of gold. (At least if you're lucky enough to have surplus food.)

I said it sucks. And I meant exactly that.

It is the last respected council position. It arguably has the biggest responsibility. People rarely appreciate the work you do. If you try any of those tricky things like starving out a margrave of a big region, you're likely to get protested out, unless the margrave is a dick. And even if you have some support in it, which is extremely rare, all it takes is one or two lords supporting him to foil your plan.

And on top of all that, if you're banker in a realm that is chronically low on food, you're in a never ending struggle to find food. And it goes on forever, with no end in sight.

It sucks.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: December 07, 2015, 10:54:39 PM »
Banker is a really underestimated position. It's a position all about influence. You're one of the most valuable people in the realm if you do the job well. You'll quickly rise in power if you choose to become banker when no one else does, and perform the role like it should be done.

It's like a plumber, everyone disregards or disrespects them until they are literally the most important thing the realm needs. It's by far my favorite council position.

Meh if I want to rise to power quickly I just rebel!
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: December 10, 2015, 06:50:41 AM »
Wait for me... I am coming, unless there is pirates at sea to rob my character and throw him overboard the ship ;)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: December 12, 2015, 03:18:03 AM »
D'Hara is still at war with Luria Nova and has been for IDK how many years now.

A few months shy of four years, if you were truly wondering.

Luria's internal dynamic is one of the most interesting I have ever been apart of. The realm operates as an empire. The ruler of the realm is an "Emperor" and each of the Dukes are "Kings." The Emperor is elected from amongst the Kings, and each King has final power and the ability to make laws within their own kingdom. The realm generally operates through distributed power. While the Emperor has final say on many things, most decisions take place on a more local level. The Kingdoms are allowed to operate as they wish, and the single "Luria" realm is more of a method to allow improved interaction, shared diplomacy, and a unified culture and nationalism.

Has it not changed much over the years? Yikes, my ego might pop from all this inflation.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: December 12, 2015, 03:46:21 AM »
A few months shy of four years, if you were truly wondering.

Has it not changed much over the years? Yikes, my ego might pop from all this inflation.
We love you. Luria's reigning circles (ruler/dukes) have stayed pretty stable. The government council has changed a lot more frequently.
After Arundel, Alice took throne long enough to pass to Seoras. Seoras would've held it, but Jonsu happened to SA and he felt guilty and founded ESA to save it, giving throne to Sholan. I guess recently Sholan stepped down, Aldrakar took it, then disappeared, and Sholan is back on the throne.

Earth: Hrok > Kamron > Zajar
Moon: Alanna > Idesbald
Sky: Alice > Sholan (not sure if it went > Aldrakar > Sholan or not)
Sun: Malus > Seoras > Hendrick > Seoras (maybe > Hendrick > Seoras ) > Ronan > ?

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: December 12, 2015, 04:18:43 AM »
Bankers geez stop giving them credit, the jobs a cake walk, when we switched from the old system to the new, I just had to convince all of CE to give me access to their food and I just had to feed the realm. Title, privileges and I fed myself cake walk. Those that attempted to oppose me starved! Well not really cause I am a generous fellow, but really I could have starved them... If I wanted I really could have seriously I could... then again we elected Banker's so starving them would have been to much of a hassle. So it did cross my mine once or twice. Should probably of let Tara and Coria starve.

And on top of all that, if you're banker in a realm that is chronically low on food, you're in a never ending struggle to find food. And it goes on forever, with no end in sight.

It sucks.

Indirik come now don't be a banker in a realm that is chronically low on food, that self deprecating. It's like jumping out of a plan without a parachute... it won't end well.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: December 12, 2015, 04:07:27 PM »
While you have the game mechanics to starve a realm, no realm would let you get away with it. As soon as you started to do it, c you would get kicked out. Or the lord would feed the region himself. It's real easy to say you'd do it. It's a lot harder to actually do it, and get the support for it.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: December 12, 2015, 04:43:17 PM »
While you have the game mechanics to starve a realm, no realm would let you get away with it. As soon as you started to do it, c you would get kicked out. Or the lord would feed the region himself. It's real easy to say you'd do it. It's a lot harder to actually do it, and get the support for it.

It's most useful just before a predicated rebellion or banning of a lord to prevent secession.

Remove all food from their regions, drop a ban from the judge, and remove all militia from the general. You're set up for an easy civil war.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: December 12, 2015, 07:14:43 PM »

Starving the realm is sinister really, the best way to do it is to be a Banker and a Duke. Make sure your duchy is fed then pool food to your city/duchy and force the other duchies to align with you or risk being starved. Once that is in motion distract the judge or if the judge is active ignore the threats and the hearsay for as long as you can. If a ban comes quickly change your duchy to a more favorable realm and let the games of strife begin as they suffer and burn. Prefer to switch to a realm that your realm is at war with or on the verge of war with. More impactful also to have high food regions in your duchy who are willing to stay with you.

Once that takes place the realm will starve while you are fed and the outcome will be well starvation and well anger. Hopefully they give you a high bounty and the other realm enjoys the outcome once you join them.

It beats getting a lot of support. All you need is cunning skills and the depth to do so. Plus a good communication with certain lords and other realms.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: December 12, 2015, 08:22:34 PM »
Starving the realm is sinister really, the best way to do it is to be a Banker and a Duke. Make sure your duchy is fed then pool food to your city/duchy and force the other duchies to align with you or risk being starved. Once that is in motion distract the judge or if the judge is active ignore the threats and the hearsay for as long as you can. If a ban comes quickly change your duchy to a more favorable realm and let the games of strife begin as they suffer and burn. Prefer to switch to a realm that your realm is at war with or on the verge of war with. More impactful also to have high food regions in your duchy who are willing to stay with you.

Once that takes place the realm will starve while you are fed and the outcome will be well starvation and well anger. Hopefully they give you a high bounty and the other realm enjoys the outcome once you join them.

It beats getting a lot of support. All you need is cunning skills and the depth to do so. Plus a good communication with certain lords and other realms.

This. People don't take advantage of all of the opportunities available to them to mix things up if they want. There is always something to do, regardless of the situation.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: December 12, 2015, 08:40:16 PM »
It's also easy to lock the banker out of your regions...
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.