Author Topic: Which interesting realms to join in Dwilight?  (Read 41384 times)

Shulee

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Which interesting realms to join in Dwilight?
« Reply #105: January 15, 2016, 02:08:16 AM »
Out of curiosity, how many of your current nobles actually were members of western realms that were destroyed by there monster advance? Not returning players with new accounts, or new characters on accounts that used to have players there. Just actual characters that used to play in western realms?

By that definition 6/8, with the seventh being another character replacing one from Nisleur. 

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106: January 15, 2016, 02:13:36 AM »
Interesting. More than I would have thought. I remember checking accounts in Luria and only finding two or three.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Shulee

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #107: January 15, 2016, 02:55:34 AM »
Even so there's been a tremendous loss of accounts from players that made the initial migration. Not so good for the game. Somehow that can't happen again.

Zakilevo

« Reply #108: January 15, 2016, 03:22:46 AM »
Many Barcans quit.

Poorly planned invasion, terrible plans, no way to refit ruined them. Well thats all I remember from my time in Barca.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #109: January 15, 2016, 01:15:13 PM »
Many Barcans quit.

Poorly planned invasion, terrible plans, no way to refit ruined them. Well thats all I remember from my time in Barca.
Yeah that's basically what happened, neither the players nor devs handled it well sadly. Barca peaked at over 40 nobles before the migration and there are IDK how many left still alive in Dwilight or BM in general. Less than a dozen probably.

AH well, its history now.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #110: January 15, 2016, 02:56:31 PM »
Many Barcans quit.

RIP. That slog of an attempted invasion against Luria was brutal. Started in Fissoa, worked up the coast, half the army quit, orders were given to randomly loot a few regions, more people left, we finally got that town region, it was basically just us running out and attacking whenever Luria wasn't there. Honestly I don't know what took them so long to just wipe us out. D'Hara's expeditions always ended being repelled in that one region after the bridge, Fissoa was really trying in the South, but ended up getting pushed back.

Then there was all the inside bickering by some very crazy unique and opinionated characters. Then I was exiled and went to Morek with the ex-general, and then Morek began to fall apart so I jumped ship to Belu. What a wild ride.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: January 15, 2016, 06:24:28 PM »
Honestly I don't know what took them so long to just wipe us out.

Sympathy to their plight despite their crimes (as Luria saw the looting and broken negotiations)? Seeing their D'Haran allies fail them over and over. A policy of giving them time and opportunity to turn their backs on their allies who were failing them from day one and join us against their allies (or a variety of offers along similar grounds) and actually achieve their survival (probably where Fissoa is now). A specific policy to take back Barcan lands last after re-liberating else (Poryatown, Giask, Irvington, SP etc.) while we continued to give them an opportunity to save their realm. Even as we were marching into Aveston in the final assault, my character was still offering Barca terms to avoid annihilation.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #112: January 15, 2016, 11:26:54 PM »
I know we've argued this bitterly before, but your final terms weren't terms :p There wasn't any real offer, it was basically "we offered your previous rulers terms, but uh yeah your time is up". Which was for the best, Barca needed to die.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113: January 19, 2016, 04:35:00 AM »
By that definition 6/8, with the seventh being another character replacing one from Nisleur.
Assuming you're talking about Westfold, because that's where your character is, I don't know how you're counting. Because I'm a skeptic, and because I *know* that I counted back when Luria Nova was trying to play the "form a realm for the western refugees" schtick. You have 3 characters in your realm that are former members of a western realm. Rossgyr, Jericho, and Hengist.

As for HD, there's Lan, Shintuk II (only as a technicality, was 22 days until they joined LN), Velden, and Glaumring (I guess we *do* have to count him... :p ) So, yeah, four there. The funny thing is that when Eviera founded HD and claimed it was a refugee realm for the westerners, Luria Nova flat out rejected it. And now it has *more* refugees than the official refugee realm created by Luria nova! ::)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #114: January 19, 2016, 05:47:39 AM »
Hey, guess what. Now there is only one interesting realm to join, because the rest are involved in gigantic !@#$ing alliance chains with no possibility for proper conflict. Join Westgard, and only Westgard. The rest of the island is becoming !@#$ing Atamara.

Ugh... the rulers of this island had better get their !@#$ together before Dwilight is sunk.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #115: January 19, 2016, 05:56:50 AM »
Hey, guess what. Now there is only one interesting realm to join, because the rest are involved in gigantic !@#$ing alliance chains with no possibility for proper conflict. Join Westgard, and only Westgard. The rest of the island is becoming !@#$ing Atamara.

Ugh... the rulers of this island had better get their !@#$ together before Dwilight is sunk.

You do realize that the alliance between Arnor, Morek and Swordfell is your fault right?  your political blundering made those 3 realms join together in a war and got their rulers to start talking to one another.  Had you done your war declaration differently the war in the north would have ended up much differently and the Morek/Arnor/Swordfell alliance would never have happened.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #116: January 19, 2016, 06:23:52 AM »

You do realize that the alliance between Arnor, Morek and Swordfell is your fault right?  your political blundering made those 3 realms join together in a war and got their rulers to start talking to one another.  Had you done your war declaration differently the war in the north would have ended up much differently and the Morek/Arnor/Swordfell alliance would never have happened.

Arnor and Swordfell were already allied, and Morek and Arnor were already allied. It was already headed in that direction and would have gone that way with or without my !@#$ing help. Don't be so !@#$ing dense. I'm on IRC if you want to talk about it.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #117: January 19, 2016, 06:44:17 AM »
this is becoming a familiar conversation
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #118: January 19, 2016, 08:52:18 AM »
Arnor and Swordfell were already allied, and Morek and Arnor were already allied. It was already headed in that direction and would have gone that way with or without my !@#$ing help. Don't be so !@#$ing dense. I'm on IRC if you want to talk about it.

Swordfell was allied to HD as well until you wrecked that.   In fact Swordfell hated Morek.  There was a lot of animosity there until the two rulers actually started chatting and worked out their differences.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Shulee

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #119: January 19, 2016, 06:56:15 PM »
Assuming you're talking about Westfold, because that's where your character is, I don't know how you're counting. Because I'm a skeptic, and because I *know* that I counted back when Luria Nova was trying to play the "form a realm for the western refugees" schtick. You have 3 characters in your realm that are former members of a western realm. Rossgyr, Jericho, and Hengist.

I suppose I was counting the "children" as well as characters still on their way to join us. Backstories and blood-relations aren't revealed by your counting.

As for the alliance chains forming, I don't know about anyone else, but when I see chains forming around me and I have a mere 8 or 9 nobles I start trying to not look like a tasty meal.

I'm happy to see 41 nobles over in Westgard, but do wish some would consider joining other realms. Many of us could use additional nobles and participants -- especially for their ambition and desires.