Author Topic: Closing Continents  (Read 24536 times)

Derek

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: Closing Continents
« Reply #75: October 28, 2015, 11:01:03 PM »
"Back in the day," invasions were basically mindless unbeatable uber-spawnings that eventually just ended while a bunch of nobles huddled behind whatever walls remained on the island.  No talking monster champions, no necromancer, no daimons or children of the light...just lots and lots of undead everywhere.  Plus, the scrolls don't seem to be triggering any type of significant spawnings yet.

So, rather than continuing to be dismissive and acting as an authority on everything that the Dev team and Tom are thinking, maybe you can let them respond to a reasonable and workable idea for going through with the sinking of Beluaterra using existing mechanisms and doing it in such a way that is more likely to retain players than piss them off...unless that is one of the desired goals.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: October 28, 2015, 11:15:18 PM »
There is no current plan to sink Beluaterra.

There is a current plan to do some fun PvE stuff on Beluaterra in the foreseeable future.

For more details on that, you'll just have to wait and see.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: October 28, 2015, 11:36:42 PM »
Plus, the scrolls don't seem to be triggering any type of significant spawnings yet.

Again, because there's been no significant scroll casting to trigger any significant spawnings. I don't think there's been more than around 5 scrolls launched at any one time anywhere and that won't do anything more than cause one day of slightly increased effects. Please, someone launch 30 scrolls within a day and let's see what happens. I know that entire realms have more than that. With the average scroll per noble rate what it is, it should only take around 5-10 folks launching all their scrolls.

daviceroy

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: October 29, 2015, 12:20:19 AM »
1) I'm not sure what "new lands" you're expecting to be created for this.

2) It will be done when the dev team has time to make sure it's done right. I could just turn off continents tomorrow—blip! Like flicking a switch! But that wouldn't give proper warning, or allow for people to emigrate their characters, or any of the important things that turn sinking a continent from a disaster into merely a stressful event.

1) If I am not mistaken, there are uninhabited lands on EC. Perhaps those?

2) LOL. We know you have the power. That wasn't the point.  Will you use this power anytime soon?  I haven't any doubt that it will be a very stressful situation if not a disaster even with warnings.  But in not doing it...

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: October 29, 2015, 07:41:34 AM »
There is no current plan to sink Beluaterra.

There is a current plan to do some fun PvE stuff on Beluaterra in the foreseeable future.

For more details on that, you'll just have to wait and see.
I'm moving a character there asap.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

Zakilevo

« Reply #80: October 29, 2015, 08:06:01 AM »
I'm moving a character there asap.

Urgh... I just moved a character out of that place...

Noble family

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: December 04, 2015, 09:08:52 AM »
Again, because there's been no significant scroll casting to trigger any significant spawnings. I don't think there's been more than around 5 scrolls launched at any one time anywhere and that won't do anything more than cause one day of slightly increased effects. Please, someone launch 30 scrolls within a day and let's see what happens. I know that entire realms have more than that. With the average scroll per noble rate what it is, it should only take around 5-10 folks launching all their scrolls.

I did collect 11 scrolls with Remorse and did a nice run behind enemy lines and used 3 or 4 scrolls in a several different regions.  And, I'm happy to report that the mayham it caused was quite fun.  The realm even looked at combining scrolls into one mass for one character to use but I don't think we had any where near 30 of them combined.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: December 04, 2015, 03:50:58 PM »
I managed to collect 13 of them. Due to the time required to cast, and my missing a turn, it took me a day and a half to cast them all. Spawned at least 8kcs of rogues.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: December 04, 2015, 04:47:54 PM »
Dammit Vita!