Author Topic: Gelene  (Read 24983 times)

Fuchs

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Gelene
« Reply #45: December 10, 2015, 06:51:17 AM »
What would the best government be if you wanted to create an emperor? Also to add in some type of lower forum of government so that the lesser nobles feel important?

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: December 10, 2015, 10:21:03 AM »
What would the best government be if you wanted to create an emperor? Also to add in some type of lower forum of government so that the lesser nobles feel important?

Define Emperor? In reality all the government forms can be made the same, strangely enough. As ruler, be it a tyranny or democracy (I even think) you can set election rules. So a tyranny could be appointing a new tyrant every single month, or a Prime Minister could in effect remain in power for ever (although I didn't check this one, it should be true).

You could easily make a Republic of some sorts, where the ruler doesn't get re-elected but all other positions are. Then hold referendums over (trivial) things so that everyone has a say in realm affairs. Attracting and 'entertaining' new nobles can be done in a lot of different ways and never really depend on the government type if you ask me.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Zakilevo

« Reply #47: December 10, 2015, 11:28:02 AM »

With the coming changes, you can only create an empire through having multiple realms joining a federation like CE alliance on Atamara. The government type will depend on what you want to do with it.

Monarchy and Tyranny both benefit from having your ruler in a region. Also, Tyranny gets bonus for realm control. Theocracies, republics, and democracies enjoy higher tax rates.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: December 10, 2015, 11:53:04 AM »
Theocracies, republics, and democracies enjoy higher tax rates.
This will no longer be so when the changes kick in.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: December 10, 2015, 11:55:22 AM »
Oh no :o

Do the frontline Gelene realm enjoy any benefits or advantage against monster, undead for some time period?
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: December 10, 2015, 12:24:15 PM »
This grace period before the changes kick in. Also, their very high number of nobility compared to other realms. There aren't any special protections for them persay, but the large number of nobles compared to other frontier realms is a great sign.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: December 10, 2015, 06:52:44 PM »
This grace period before the changes kick in. Also, their very high number of nobility compared to other realms. There aren't any special protections for them persay, but the large number of nobles compared to other frontier realms is a great sign.

19 already, nice! That should pack a punch, although they'd have to be carefull with recruits and gold like in the 'old days' where it was financially impossible to fully fund and recruit everyone.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Zakilevo

« Reply #52: December 10, 2015, 08:30:39 PM »

I am guessing you are planning to make the governments more unique then? I mean there aren't that big of a difference between government systems now and I am pretty sure it has been on the todo list for a long time. Maybe it will finally happen?

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: December 10, 2015, 10:01:19 PM »
Yeah, but you had Everguard to pave the way

Yes and no. I'm sure Everguard absorbed a lot of attention from the northern sector of our borders, but Eidulb Outskirts still got regularly hammered by monsters spawning in the mountains to the east that came at us out of Mountain of Remorse and Shrine of Seeklander. I suppose it's possible it would have taken us longer to break out of Eidulb without Everguard around, but who knows; we were getting a lot of economic support from Morek, so ultimately I think we would have succeeded all the same.

Zakilevo

« Reply #54: December 10, 2015, 10:51:58 PM »
Shrine of Seeklander... My old region. Always had to place 2k militia at least. It was impossible to chase monsters into the mountains due to 30 hour travel time heh.

Fuchs

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: December 11, 2015, 03:33:47 AM »
If we created a wall of milita around our boarder regions, could the monsters spawn in our inside regions.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: December 11, 2015, 03:39:49 AM »
Monsters can spawn in any region.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: December 11, 2015, 03:53:36 AM »
Monsters can spawn in any region.

It is, however, less likely to happen in a well-maintained region.

Fuchs

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: December 15, 2015, 01:39:02 AM »
How long do we have to change the name to the new realm once the ruler is elected?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: December 15, 2015, 01:44:34 AM »
How long do we have to change the name to the new realm once the ruler is elected?

As long as you need, provided that's a reasonable amount of time. It's a manual process: the ruler will have to communicate the decision to me, and I'll just edit the realm information with my adminly powers.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan