Author Topic: Gelene  (Read 25335 times)

Shulee

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Gelene
« Reply #75: December 23, 2015, 06:02:59 PM »
Truth of the matter is it got deadlocked because other were not willing to change it, Darka (I'm part of this group) was paid by CE and Tara for years, and CE and Tara are middle realms aka the most viable for every other realm to gang up on... You can't blame them for never having competent opponent besides for Falasland and Darka, whom one they expanded on after Hasland fell and the other they employed, and the viking issue and southern snake issue timing was utterly well perfect.

I think it's more accurate for me to say that I whimper when anyone suggest following some practice or model from Atamara on another island. It's been sunk for a lot of reasons that all contributed to its stagnation.  From my point of view they're bundled up in a combination of a love of way too many words over action, and a fear of any risk-taking whatsoever.

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: January 03, 2016, 11:09:44 PM »
I think it's more accurate for me to say that I whimper when anyone suggest following some practice or model from Atamara on another island. It's been sunk for a lot of reasons that all contributed to its stagnation.  From my point of view they're bundled up in a combination of a love of way too many words over action, and a fear of any risk-taking whatsoever.

One of my characters was PM of CE for ~6 months... the issue was there were the CE ethos (walk lightly but carry a big stick), interests of the dukes, largely ex-rulers, and people clamouring for dukeships who had interests in seeing CE very very stable. This power was solidified in the Imperial Senate, mostly a stamp committee too afraid to contest the real powers that be (dukes, council). During my chars tenure as PM, day-to-day power was largely invested in a certain General; with his support and under that guise, my character started making unconventional allies and motivated some of the wars of the north with implied CE support. Our relationship with Talerium was at an all-time low (though no one could ever predict the animosity my successor would cultivate) and Tara was cordial at best. Unfortunately he was deposed and his successor was very conservative. It was simply the nature of CE.

Now, the real shame was when RP died off: that is when Atamara truly stagnated and became useless.

Vel_Aryon

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: January 04, 2016, 09:31:28 PM »
This realm available to join yet?

Faldron

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: January 05, 2016, 12:51:59 AM »
We had a noble from Astrum join Westgard today, so it appears if you can get here, you can join the realm.

However, it is still up in the air whether the new noble will be allowed to stay...
Faldron Nethercoate, Lord Archon of the Kingdom of Westgard, Dwilight

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: January 05, 2016, 03:40:01 AM »
One of my characters was PM of CE for ~6 months... the issue was there were the CE ethos (walk lightly but carry a big stick), interests of the dukes, largely ex-rulers, and people clamouring for dukeships who had interests in seeing CE very very stable. This power was solidified in the Imperial Senate, mostly a stamp committee too afraid to contest the real powers that be (dukes, council). During my chars tenure as PM, day-to-day power was largely invested in a certain General; with his support and under that guise, my character started making unconventional allies and motivated some of the wars of the north with implied CE support. Our relationship with Talerium was at an all-time low (though no one could ever predict the animosity my successor would cultivate) and Tara was cordial at best. Unfortunately he was deposed and his successor was very conservative. It was simply the nature of CE.

Now, the real shame was when RP died off: that is when Atamara truly stagnated and became useless.

+1
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)