Author Topic: infiltrator sub-class disappears when emigrating  (Read 7212 times)

jdsiii

• Peasant
    • View Profile
infiltrator sub-class disappears when emigrating
« Topic Start: December 08, 2015, 07:12:40 AM »
Why does the infiltrator sub-class get removed when a character is emigrating?  It makes no sense from a game play standpoint (they aren't suddenly going to forget how to be skilled in infiltration or less "dishonorable") and since this is forced emigration due to islands sinking and/or shifting due to character limitations, it makes even less sense.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: infiltrator sub-class disappears when emigrating
« Reply #1: December 08, 2015, 08:44:20 AM »
Why does the infiltrator sub-class get removed when a character is emigrating?  It makes no sense from a game play standpoint (they aren't suddenly going to forget how to be skilled in infiltration or less "dishonorable") and since this is forced emigration due to islands sinking and/or shifting due to character limitations, it makes even less sense.

It's probably a bug, so don't get too upset about it until you report it.

Eirikr

« Reply #2: December 08, 2015, 03:05:13 PM »
Isn't that supposed to happen simply because being an infiltrator requires being in the realm for a given amount of time? I forget the IC rationale... Something about waiting long enough to not look suspicious, maybe.

jdsiii

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 08, 2015, 03:16:44 PM »
It's probably a bug, so don't get too upset about it until you report it.

I filed a bug and was told it is not a bug, it's by design.   Not sure when it became "by design" however as I've been playing infiltrators for nearly a decade and never had the issue until this forced emigration.

jdsiii

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: December 08, 2015, 03:20:42 PM »
Isn't that supposed to happen simply because being an infiltrator requires being in the realm for a given amount of time? I forget the IC rationale... Something about waiting long enough to not look suspicious, maybe.

That would be news to me...not saying it's not possible but it's a change from previous behavior.  Infiltrators are "dishonorable" so not sure why being suspicious would have anything to do with it.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: December 08, 2015, 04:32:43 PM »
I believe it has something to do with not being affiliated with a realm. The game does not allow rogue infiltrators. (There are some blatant abuses that would be enabled by this.) I think the idea is that when you emigrate, you are briefly unaffiliated with a realm, so you lose the subclass.

Not sure I really agree with that, but that's how it is. There is some talk about reducing the amount of time it takes to change subclasses, perhaps with some controls to prevent rapid toggling.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: December 08, 2015, 04:58:51 PM »
I believe it has something to do with not being affiliated with a realm. The game does not allow rogue infiltrators. (There are some blatant abuses that would be enabled by this.) I think the idea is that when you emigrate, you are briefly unaffiliated with a realm, so you lose the subclass.

Yes, and the checks to prevent rogue infiltrators are working. I don't recall anyone losing Infiltrator subclass changing islands before Anaris doctrinified the function. Characters get deported for infil actions and sent to Colonies joining Assassins and I've never heard of them losing their subclass. Removing it during emigration is just unnecessarily frustrating in my view, as you're just going from one realm to another realm. If you actually end up Rogue, then you can lose the subclass, but to do it during emigration seems pre-emptive for no real benefit for anyone. It just frustrates players who have to wait 7 days (or 3-5, if reduced) to change back. Which doesn't consider that you have to wait until 31st day in realm to become an infil again.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: December 08, 2015, 05:17:41 PM »
Just this. If you change to a non-infil you'll have to wait an entire month to become an infiltrator again, which is completely rediculous. I have a char which I'm forced to send off to the colonies or pause alltogether. He has just begun his infil training and if I'd move him now I'll have to wait a month before I can continue his training. Why not make it so that if an infil is rogue for 7 days, then he loses his sub-class or something?
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: December 08, 2015, 05:50:00 PM »
Just this. If you change to a non-infil you'll have to wait an entire month to become an infiltrator again, which is completely rediculous. I have a char which I'm forced to send off to the colonies or pause alltogether. He has just begun his infil training and if I'd move him now I'll have to wait a month before I can continue his training. Why not make it so that if an infil is rogue for 7 days, then he loses his sub-class or something?

So practice swordfighting for a month first, so you don't get run through on your first try :P

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: December 08, 2015, 06:46:15 PM »
So practice swordfighting for a month first, so you don't get run through on your first try :P

Sacha please, that's already at 75-80% and so freaking expensive to train...
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Derek

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: December 10, 2015, 09:24:02 PM »
On a related note, and I no longer have any infil characters, with the decreased number of islands, deportation for banned infils will likely not be as frequent of an option.  While execution is always an option, I wonder how this is going to affect the game of the players with infils and characters on all the islands.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: December 10, 2015, 11:05:59 PM »
Well it will only affect people who have more than 3 nobles, but yes sadly the option is much more limited.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

Zakilevo

« Reply #12: December 10, 2015, 11:20:00 PM »
On a related note, and I no longer have any infil characters, with the decreased number of islands, deportation for banned infils will likely not be as frequent of an option.  While execution is always an option, I wonder how this is going to affect the game of the players with infils and characters on all the islands.

I am sure the dev team is already working on this issue. It would be nice if you can bribe people to get rid of bans. Maybe make it expensive.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: December 11, 2015, 12:37:03 AM »
Just let them get executed, instead. ;)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

« Reply #14: December 11, 2015, 12:45:15 AM »
Just let them get executed, instead. ;)

If this is the way, then at least it should be easier to become an infiltrator and even low skilled infiltrators should become more viable.