Author Topic: Concrete dates for upcoming changes  (Read 3885 times)

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Concrete dates for upcoming changes
« Topic Start: December 08, 2015, 11:46:16 PM »
When will FEI and AT be closed, ie, players cannot access their characters there other than to emigrate?

When will the islands officially be sunk and characters moved?

When exactly will elections be held in the new realms?

All of these have been addressed in posts I've seen and then seemingly contradicted elsewhere, plus finding this information is largely buried in longer threads at this point.

It would be useful for all players to have a very clear, simply stated set of dates to go by, uncluttered by side discussion.
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Zakilevo

Re: Concrete dates for upcoming changes
« Reply #1: December 09, 2015, 12:10:15 AM »
When will FEI and AT be closed, ie, players cannot access their characters there other than to emigrate?

We anticipate that these changes will all go into effect on December 21, 2015. In order to make things go as smooth as possible for yourself, make sure that you meet the new character limits in time. Once the deadline has passed, you will no longer be able to play your characters on Atamara and the Far East. Special emigration links will be provided on your character page allowing you to emigrate the characters without needing to play them.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 09, 2015, 12:14:44 AM »
Yes, but since then I have seen dates thrown around like the tenth, fourteenth, and twentieth.

Can I take this as confirmation that FEI and AT will be fully functional all the way til the 21st?
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 09, 2015, 12:25:14 AM »
Yes.

The only dates I've mentioned than the 21st is that, from memory, I believe our schedule is for elections to begin on the 11th to complete on the 14th. I don't have the Official Schedule immediately in front of me. I believe Anaris said he was preparing an in-game announcement for the new realms on their next election-related procedures in the next couple of days.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: December 09, 2015, 03:01:36 AM »
Here's the timeline I've got (last updated just before the refugee realms opened up):

December 2, 2015: Announcement
December 5: New realms are fully set up and ready to accept immigrants
December 12: Elections start
December 15: Enforcement of character limits, Closing of Atamara and the Far East Island, Elections complete
December 21: Implementation of additional realm size modifiers, and other fixes/features
December 27: Restrictions removed, realms cut loose
January 15: AT/FEI access removed.

It's not set in stone; I'm open to some changes if there's a good reason for them.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: December 09, 2015, 03:04:28 AM »
Our announcement said the changes on the 15th were happening on the 21st.

Zakilevo

« Reply #6: December 09, 2015, 03:25:49 AM »
Our announcement said the changes on the 15th were happening on the 21st.

Yeah. I think most people are on this schedule instead of 15th. I think you should probably just follow the original schedule and make everything happen on 21st.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: December 09, 2015, 07:43:24 AM »
What is the difference between "closing" and "access removed"?

Seems like a minor technicality that won't affect players, just curious.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: December 09, 2015, 07:46:21 AM »
Closing means you won't be able to click 'play' on those characters. There will be a special 'emigrate' link available.

The access removed in January is when the continents will disappear from view (and all characters remaining on them will be sent to another island).

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: December 09, 2015, 07:54:16 AM »
thx bud

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: December 14, 2015, 09:26:39 AM »
I guess you guys went ahead with the 14th anyway... can't access FEI.

kind of annoying as I was just moving to cash bonds, assuming the 21st was the deadline.

there is no link to emigrate my character there.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: December 14, 2015, 09:43:04 AM »
To my knowledge, nothing should've happened. I'll look into it.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: December 14, 2015, 09:49:20 AM »
thx bud