Author Topic: Realm run by guilds  (Read 3182 times)

Fuchs

• Knight
    • View Profile
Realm run by guilds
« Topic Start: December 11, 2015, 05:49:03 AM »
I had an idea to have a realm run by 2 Diffrent guilds. One for the military and the other for politics.

I am looking for ideas to expand it into 5 Diffrent guilds. Any ideas?

Zakilevo

Re: Realm run by guilds
« Reply #1: December 11, 2015, 05:50:32 AM »
Trades maybe? Although it is kinda crap at the moment?

And shadows? and lastly advies?

Fuchs

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 11, 2015, 06:00:20 AM »
Just trying to think of a way to decide the realm a bit and give people a place to interact.

Noting is worse than a quite realm. With no feeling of progression.

Also with guild you can have ranks. So even if you don't get a lordship, you can still feel like you are moving up in the world.

Zakilevo

« Reply #3: December 11, 2015, 06:45:41 AM »
Just trying to think of a way to decide the realm a bit and give people a place to interact.

Noting is worse than a quite realm. With no feeling of progression.

Also with guild you can have ranks. So even if you don't get a lordship, you can still feel like you are moving up in the world.

Guilds won't solve your problems. Quiet realms are quiet because

a) nothing much is going on
b) people want someone to start something while they don't want to risk anything
c) you got unlucky and somehow ended up with quiet people

Some people have to be active and spend some of their time to keep people interested. As you know well, many players are actually pretty old so they lack time and energy to stay active these days.

Vel_Aryon

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: December 11, 2015, 09:12:42 PM »
The locked Council doesn't allow for the expansion or customization of the same which is why I personally feel that using the guild to expand the available government positions would be a nice idea. Been wanting to do it myself somewhere along the line.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: December 11, 2015, 09:23:39 PM »
I don't necessarily know that guilds will help intra-realm communication that much. In fact dividing such communications into exclusive channels might reduce overall activity as less realm wide messages will be sent and responded to.

Guilds are a good way to increase communication potential with allied realms though. Encourage everyone in two or more realms to join the same guild, suddenly you have the potential to easily talk to twice as many players.
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: December 15, 2015, 10:31:12 AM »
I have to agree with JDodger here.

The most quiet realms, in my experience, are the ones that have:
  • Many guilds: People communicate in the guild and not realm wide, so excluding those not in the guild. Within the guild self, you can communicate within elders, within full members,.. again dividing communication
  • Many message groups: The typical war councils, advisory councils,.. tend to bring much communication and discussions to those specific council. Those people in those message groups do not know how a new players experiences your realm. You can have the idea that the realm is quite active because there are a lot of heated arguements, while in fact a new player does not get any of these letters at all..

So leading a realm by using guilds wouldn't be my top choice.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: December 15, 2015, 02:33:19 PM »
You can maybe use message groups for factions in stead. Guilds are a terrible hassle and if you can avoid them you should.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: December 15, 2015, 02:59:41 PM »
I agree that to many isolated message groups is not good for the players. We need more open communications, not less. IMHO, message groups were not good for the game overall. They are exclusionary by their nature. Unless there is some strong reason to keep a particular discussion secret, it should best be open with the realm.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.