Author Topic: Army Readiness  (Read 3391 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Army Readiness
« Topic Start: December 14, 2015, 11:47:59 PM »
So, so time ago the Army Readiness % stat for marshals was revamped. Now that some time has passed for marshals to get some experience with it, what's the feedback? Is it a useful estimate of unit qualities compared to previously or does it still seem off?

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Army Readiness
« Reply #1: December 15, 2015, 12:02:30 AM »
This question may be a bit hard to answer, as the number given has always been an abstract percentage with no easy method of verifying its relevance or accuracy.

It certainly seems to be a bit more "precise", or maybe "exacting" is a better word, ticking down in smaller increments quicker than before.

I still use it the same way I always have, though: observe what percentage TL's start complaining about wanting a refit at, and doing my best to preempt that as the percentage draws closer.

Were you to share some of the backend numbers we might be able to have a better discussion on what various marshals find useful.
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 15, 2015, 12:42:21 AM »
I really prefer not getting into specifics, but the following things affect it:
  • Cohesion
  • Morale
  • Damage
  • Wounded

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 15, 2015, 01:00:35 AM »
I really prefer not getting into specifics, but the following things affect it:
  • Cohesion
  • Morale
  • Damage
  • Wounded

yes, i know.

without anything more specific, my previous post is the best i can offer.
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: December 15, 2015, 07:21:27 AM »
after you fixed the bug on my one character i was able to make a new army and compare my own "readiness" with the state of my unit.

i would suggest that ED is not being taken into account nearly enough. with 47% damage and 92% morale my unit was showing a readiness of 94%.

Units will drop to a 98-96% after only a couple of days dug in in a non-city region. So that massive difference in ED is barely making a dent in readiness.

Again, I'm not sure how your math works on the backend, but to me the most useful way "readiness" could be tracked is very basic. Just show the percentage of its maximum possible cs that the unit is at currently.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 07:27:44 AM by JDodger »

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: December 15, 2015, 09:40:54 AM »
In my time as vice marshal, I must say that I barely used the % to monitor anything. Basically because, like jdodger said, it seemed abstract. Without really knowing how it behaves, it's difficult to act upon it.

Or it's just me.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: December 15, 2015, 09:47:29 PM »
In my time as vice marshal, I must say that I barely used the % to monitor anything. Basically because, like jdodger said, it seemed abstract. Without really knowing how it behaves, it's difficult to act upon it.

Or it's just me.

It's just you. It's abstract, but it lets you know whether that 40 man unit is actually useful or needs a refit.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: December 16, 2015, 12:06:41 PM »
It's just you. It's abstract, but it lets you know whether that 40 man unit is actually useful or needs a refit.

Yeah I guess as Vice I just didn't pay enough attention to readiness, then! I usually just ask for reports on whether people need refits for repair/gold/.. I'm also used to a rather small army, so that's do-able.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)