Author Topic: Possible lost bonds  (Read 10715 times)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Re: Possible lost bonds
« Reply #30: June 08, 2011, 11:05:12 PM »

I think it may still be possible, though, to instantly lose a lordship from an infiltrator attack, if you hit hard enough. Not sure...

Is there any IC explanation for that? I have trouble seeing a Noble lose his position for being the victim of an attack.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #31: June 09, 2011, 12:56:46 AM »
I'm not sure about lordship, but council, definitely. Maybe it's a low chance?

The way this would make sense is if rumors got strong that this guy was dead. Since the guy's dead, might as well vacate the position. Even though he's not really dead-dead, because that doesn't happen due to infiltrator attacks, the invisible NPCs who influence BM in all aspects behind the scenes (You know, game code manifested as the minor nobility, the peasants, the court advisors, etc) don't know that. Even if the act isn't seen, the body's still there and someone is going to find it. Rumors will spread about what happened to that person, and if they get blown out of proportion and among the right audience, then the nobility might really think that guy's dead and find a new guy to replace him.

Later, the guy can come back and say he's alive and well and wants his position back.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: June 09, 2011, 03:34:49 PM »
Is there any IC explanation for that? I have trouble seeing a Noble lose his position for being the victim of an attack.
IC? Well, a noble who is wounded for too long can't fulfill his duties and responsibilities.

OOC, it's to help allow some circulation among those in power. Otherwise every position in the game would be taken, and the only way you could move up in the world is if someone above you quits/dies. While that may be "realistic", it sucks for a game. New players would be stuck as peons for years, waiting on attrition to allow them to advance.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #33: June 10, 2011, 12:08:39 AM »
More simply IC: "We thought you were dead!"

Medieval medicine in Europe sucked.