Author Topic: EMERGENCY - Possible Player Suicide - NEED HELP!  (Read 9798 times)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
EMERGENCY - Possible Player Suicide - NEED HELP!
« Topic Start: December 16, 2015, 08:36:06 AM »
A player sent this message moments before deleting his account. If he's who I think he is, then he's the guy who nearly died in the '92 riots. :\

Please, if any of you are in Arizona or have access to Arizona authorities, please help us verify that he is okay. As someone who has struggled with suicide for many years, I have to make sure that our players are okay. Please, do what you can and let us know!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMP6bXnXdZM

Out-of-Character from Kenley La Pointe   (39 minutes ago)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (50 recipients)
Battlemaster was his life.

Reginald Denny sat in his makeshift office, casually watching the Arizona sunset through his trailer window. Not more than a folding chair and table of plastic, with a seemingly ancient desktop computer sitting atop, arranged carefully to maximize his available space. He stretched his back and uttered a faint sigh; it had been a long day of work, but now he was done and back home. Reginald switched his computer on, patiently waiting. His monitor began to flicker as the low hum of his pc signaled the time was approaching. He smiled.

Work had been extraordinarily tough today. It seemed a never ending parade of issues, both major and minor, had cropped up in a project long overdue. "Goddammit. Just let me get this damn boat fixed." A small job he took over three weeks ago had turned into a nightmare. Reginald was skilled in boat repair, and really anything with his hands, however a lingering brain trauma made a simple step-by-step process incoherent. Completing crucial steps out of order unknowingly, he turned a minor leak into a half destroyed, half rebuilt monster. He knew his client would be extremely upset, and the fear was starting to paralyze him. He was in debt and this would surely ruin his business. But, that was not a concern for now. Time for Battlemaster.

As the login screen appeared, he excitedly cracked the knuckles of his damaged hands. Boat repair and maintenance was often no easy job, but these injuries were from decades ago. The scars from his hands reached up along his arms to his chest. From there, they spread like AIDS in West Hollywood, completely, across his entire face and body. He could feel the cold stares of people when he went out in public, in the normally upbeat, party/tourist town of Lake Havasu. So, he stopped going out, only for groceries and work. A sad life, but his and his alone, and through Battlemaster he found a small measure of joy in an otherwise empty existence.
Reginald Denny

star  [reply to sender] | [ignore] | [userdata unavailable]

Out-of-Character from Kenley La Pointe   (39 minutes ago)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (50 recipients)
He saw his family page appear and took a deep breath. He had moves to make for his characters that he had planned for the past week; Reggie agonized over strategy and his attention to detail helped make many of his past goals in Battlemaster successful. Now it was time to see his latest plan through. Unfortunately for him, things would not go accordingly.

Aura, it was called by some. Anxiety, cold sweats, and the faint taste of metal. His mind began to float. Reginald knew this feeling well and knew it signaled an oncoming seizure. Epilepsy was another effect of the injuries he sustained long ago. The intersection of Florence and Normandie in Los Angeles flashed back to his vision as he lost control of his body. He saw four men approaching so he stopped his truck. He had no idea a riot was taking place. All Reginald knew was that he had a load to deliver in his dump truck, and he impatiently tapped the steering wheel as they approached. What could they want, he wondered. Maybe they'll explain why pedestrians had been throwing rocks at his truck moments earlier. Ripped from the driver's seat and thrown onto the rough, hot asphalt. One man held his head down with his foot as others took turns kicking him. He vaguely remembered a hammer impacting him repeatedly, but he no longer felt pain. He looked up and saw a man holding a fire extinguisher menacingly over him and he knew his life was finished. As he saw the pressurized metal cylinder fly out of one of his attacker's hands and towards his unprotected face, Reginald Denny was jolted back to present day reality. Aware, but unable to control his muscles, he looked at his computer screen. Dread fills his belly as he sees an unfamiliar page, the delete your family Battlemaster confirmation page. Just another 30 seconds and I'll be fine... He tried with all his might to throw himself to the floor, but to no avail. To his dismay, his flailing arms smashed into his keyboard, again and again. The seizure finished and he surveyed the aftermath. Family Deleted Successfully. He began weeping.

Now, a new reality had taken form, one devoid of Battlemaster. He was scared, crushed, and confused. How would he endure now? Slowly he began to feel a peace and euphoria washing over him. Perhaps there was hope. Perhaps there something more to life than a browser game. He smiled again. He had found his answer. Reginald stood up and walked across his trailer home to a small chest on the floor. Opening it carefully, he pulled out a Smith and Wesson .40 calibre revolver. He loaded a single bullet and put the gun mouth. 

CLICK.

He cocked the hammer, but hesitated. I can always make a new account, right? A new family, a fresh start!
He began hyperventilating.

"Noooooooo!"

BANG
Reginald Denny
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Zakilevo

Re: EMERGENCY - Possible Player Suicide - NEED HELP!
« Reply #1: December 16, 2015, 08:41:03 AM »
His account got deleted so there is no way of contacting him.

I checked his account just before it got deleted but he didn't even have the email available. I guess I was too late by that time.

I hope someone knows how to contact him.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 16, 2015, 08:56:45 AM »
He mentioned Lake Havasu City. Here's their local police department, for contact: http://lhcpd.com/

There is also the local hospital: http://www.havasuregional.com/

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 16, 2015, 08:56:49 AM »
I'm calling the Lake Havasu police department but the line's busy. I hope they take me seriously. :\
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: December 16, 2015, 09:02:19 AM »
At first I thought it is a Roleplay but mistakenly written in OOC, until the name Arizona come out. We need help him if we can. My heart bleeds when watching this youtube video. It appears his work is boat repair shop, on youtube there is 1 poster who appear to meet him before.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: December 16, 2015, 09:24:08 AM »
I filed a report with Lake Havasu police department. They said they're going to try finding him but they didn't take me very seriously... :(

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: December 16, 2015, 10:42:47 AM »
They've called me back a few times now, reporting in. I emailed them his last messages and all the info I had. They're trying to locate him now. Will let you guys know what they say.

Extremely depressed and drained. Have a good night, morning, or whatever the hell this is. :(

Zakilevo

« Reply #7: December 16, 2015, 12:33:52 PM »
Thank you for going as far as you did. Let's hope it was just a hoax. Don't want to think otherwise...

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: December 16, 2015, 01:56:30 PM »
Hell though... viewing that video on youtube... that has got to mess someone up.  Poor guy really hope he is okay... to survive that as he did and to come to such a low point... its just unthinkable

Mayhem

« Reply #9: December 16, 2015, 02:42:35 PM »
Feeling sad about this.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 03:18:20 PM by Mayhem »

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: December 16, 2015, 03:00:53 PM »
I really do hope it ends up being a hoax, this !@#$ is horrible.

New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Samboji

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: December 16, 2015, 04:32:54 PM »
Just in case it helps.

Bay12 was where I found out about Battlemaster. There's heaps of gamers that check the site, and there's posts back from 2012 in the thread referencing the La Pointe family in BM.

Nothing from the player of these characters though.

Still, b12 has a heap of game players, in heaps of genres of games, so maybe it can help. Hopefully someone knows the player.

The posts may sound harsh, but the internet is.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=106998.msg6669424#msg6669424

Larkspur

• Peasant
    • View Profile
    • KIVA
« Reply #12: December 16, 2015, 05:46:29 PM »
Seems like quite the admirable fellow...the world needs more people like this. I truly hope something or someone helped him out of the darkness, this morning.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Reginald-Denny-Looks-Back-on-the-LA-Riots--149165165.html
X

CyberGenesis

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: December 17, 2015, 03:09:40 AM »
I spoke to him a fair bit when he was playing Erasmus, seemed like a normal enough guy. I dunno - he did have a sort of twisted humor though. I'd be sad if this was more than that

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: December 17, 2015, 03:29:02 AM »
The Lake Havasu City Police Department contacted "the real" Reginald Denny this morning in the Lake Havasu City limits.  It was learned that Reginald Denny who resides in Lake Havasu City does not play these on-line games and was in good health.  It appears that whoever is using the name of "Reginald Denny" is copying information learned from the internet in an effort to use his identity and make up stories in the letter.  The real Reginald Denny is fine and the police investigation has been concluded.  Due to the fact the person writing the letter and posting it on your gaming community could be anywhere in the United States, it makes it extremely difficult to believe the threat is real because the person is using a fake name in the letter.  Thank you again for the information, hope this helps.

Son of a BITCH! I can't believe I took this !@#$%^& seriously. This is what I get for being so stupid. I did something I can't take back. I really thought this was legit. :( !@#$ing !@#$... I can't believe someone would be such an inconsiderate douchebag, putting people's emotional stability at risk. !@#$ing !@#$%^&!