Author Topic: Uptick in Population growth  (Read 4402 times)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Uptick in Population growth
« Topic Start: December 18, 2015, 11:58:30 PM »
Since we have some islands sinking it serves to reason a number of peasant refugees would be able to get to ships. Right now we have formerly empty lands which are getting repopulate including lands that are explicitly refugee realms. Would it be possible to turn up peasant spawns in these areas and ad a flavor txt like "refugees are arriving".

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Uptick in Population growth
« Reply #1: December 19, 2015, 12:08:19 AM »
The refugee realms have already had their populations artificially inflated by a huge amount. Every single region in the frozen area of the EC, and in all of western Dwilight, were at 1 peasant each.

They just got there before any of you were around to notice ;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Zakilevo

« Reply #2: December 19, 2015, 12:13:21 AM »
I've noticed it when the ice melted. Most regions seem to have around 80~90% of their pop already. The last 10% or so shouldn't take too long to fill.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 19, 2015, 12:38:57 AM »
The refugee realms have already had their populations artificially inflated by a huge amount. Every single region in the frozen area of the EC, and in all of western Dwilight, were at 1 peasant each.

They just got there before any of you were around to notice ;D

The issue we're having is the production wasn't changed to match, so no food. v-v

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: December 19, 2015, 01:28:15 AM »
You were also given a big chunk of food. Now it's time to grow your own. Or buy some.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: December 19, 2015, 02:19:47 AM »
You were also given a big chunk of food. Now it's time to grow your own. Or buy some.

I wasn't complaining or saying you should have done differently. Though none of the regions we have taken had any food in them, and we had no control of the food, so they've been starving for almost a week at this point.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: December 19, 2015, 02:47:23 AM »
I think only the capital was given food. With all the pop, the regions should have come up to food growing status pretty quickly unless they got monster attacked.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: December 19, 2015, 03:18:14 AM »
I think only the capital was given food. With all the pop, the regions should have come up to food growing status pretty quickly unless they got monster attacked.

Nope, it was all the regions.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: December 19, 2015, 03:27:03 AM »

None of them monster attacked. Production stayed at practically 1% (is 0% possible?) until lords were appointed. I'm talking purely about the regions that were taken over, the starting regions were fine.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: December 19, 2015, 03:28:16 AM »
Nope, it was all the regions.

All of the regions uncovered by the glacier or just the starting regions for the realms?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: December 19, 2015, 03:31:23 AM »
All of the regions uncovered by the glacier or just the starting regions for the realms?

The latter.
Timothy Collett

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: December 19, 2015, 03:58:03 AM »

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: December 20, 2015, 09:20:29 PM »
Oh... but this didn't go for say, the Holy Island in Dwilight?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: December 21, 2015, 01:49:19 AM »
No.