Author Topic: Hype  (Read 8079 times)

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Hype
« Topic Start: March 01, 2011, 01:52:03 PM »
2011 looks to be turning into a good year for games and with the 3DS and NGP, even better console launches. (I went to a 3DS pre-release event and it's definitely the business - and at least now I don't have to spend £250 to check it out! :-P) What's everyone looking forward to? What epic gaming experiences are on the horizon?

For me, the game I'm getting giddy over at the minute is The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Last weeks trailer had me mesmerised and, truth be told, further dented any enthusiasm I had for other RPG's coming out this year. I've missed the freedom of Elder Scrolls. And at least if I don't buy any other games this year, I'll be part of the way to upgrading my box for 11/11/11, heh.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Re: Hype
« Reply #1: March 01, 2011, 02:56:17 PM »
Definately TES V. I don't have the money to get a system capable of running it, but still, I'll enjoy it from the sideline. I totally loved Morrowind, and was unable to play Oblivion ... So perhaps the generation gap might prove too big. For the past years I've been drooling looking at Oblivion footage though.

I guess I could get it on Xbox, but I prefer PC because I totally loved modding Morrowind...

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #2: March 01, 2011, 04:20:48 PM »
Absolutely. Skyrim is a must-have. I played Dragon Age, and while it's pretty good I, too, miss the freedom to just ignore the main quest for a while, head off into the woods on a random course, and know that you're going to find something, somewhere. The TES games are among the very few that make you really believe that there is a world outside the particular plot point you are working on right now.

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 01, 2011, 08:31:58 PM »
ME3... I went through and played all classes but Engineer with every conceivable branching from ME1.  Its one of my favorite all time titles alongside StarCon2 and Homeworld.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 01, 2011, 10:07:43 PM »
Absolutely. Skyrim is a must-have. I played Dragon Age, and while it's pretty good I, too, miss the freedom to just ignore the main quest for a while, head off into the woods on a random course, and know that you're going to find something, somewhere. The TES games are among the very few that make you really believe that there is a world outside the particular plot point you are working on right now.

I think I had over 400 hours logged for Morrowind, and I never even finished the main storyline :D

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 13, 2011, 11:28:08 AM »
BTW, this totally made me go back to Morrowind :D Downloaded like 80 mods, and including testing, setting up took me like 8 hours... Telvanni Mouth now ...

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 13, 2011, 12:29:49 PM »
Marrowind was great. I was massively disappointed by oblivion, and I suspect that the fifth installment will be the same.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: March 13, 2011, 09:44:22 PM »
Today I added a mod that allows me to join the Sixth House, instead of becoming the Nerevarine :)

Skyrim looks promising though...

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: March 14, 2011, 04:47:55 PM »
BULLETSTOOOOOOOORM

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: March 14, 2011, 08:07:02 PM »
2011 looks to be turning into a good year for games and with the 3DS and NGP, even better console launches. (I went to a 3DS pre-release event and it's definitely the business - and at least now I don't have to spend £250 to check it out! :-P) What's everyone looking forward to? What epic gaming experiences are on the horizon?

For me, the game I'm getting giddy over at the minute is The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Last weeks trailer had me mesmerised and, truth be told, further dented any enthusiasm I had for other RPG's coming out this year. I've missed the freedom of Elder Scrolls. And at least if I don't buy any other games this year, I'll be part of the way to upgrading my box for 11/11/11, heh.

Garbage, all of it!

Dragon Age 2 came out last week. I've enjoyed it so far.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: March 14, 2011, 11:59:03 PM »
Just realised I didn't slam Diablo III on this list. That's gotta be coming out year. Presumably in the same timeframe as SC2 came out last year. After seeing a few of the videos and screenshots, I hate the fact D3 is pitched at the WoW crowd. It looks bright and happy and just all wrong for a Diablo game. Still, I'm keeping my faith. It's another reason why I need to upgrade my box.

Garbage, all of it!

Dragon Age 2 came out last week. I've enjoyed it so far.

Heh, I've played three Bioware RPG's since Oblivion. I desperately need Skyrim. It's no exaggeration to say that I nearly screamed when I found out I couldn't just stab Duncan or otherwise piss off and do my own thing in Dragon Age. In Oblivion I could go about on my merry way, stealing and assassinating my way through life, finding travel across Cyrodil evermore taxing as more and more of those nuisance Oblivion gates turned up. I always thought the Imperial Council should've found a Hero for the job or something...

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #11: April 04, 2011, 01:59:23 PM »
Heh, I've played three Bioware RPG's since Oblivion. I desperately need Skyrim. It's no exaggeration to say that I nearly screamed when I found out I couldn't just stab Duncan or otherwise piss off and do my own thing in Dragon Age. In Oblivion I could go about on my merry way, stealing and assassinating my way through life, finding travel across Cyrodil evermore taxing as more and more of those nuisance Oblivion gates turned up. I always thought the Imperial Council should've found a Hero for the job or something...
Except you also can't kill all the NPCs in Oblivion.  In Morrowind, you could kill EVERYONE.  Including important characters like Vivec.  In Oblivion?  "Essential" NPCs only get knocked out.  Very disappointing.  I have a feeling Skyrim will be similar.

Alpha

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: April 04, 2011, 09:36:33 PM »

I'm thoroughly excited for Skyrim. I just hope my current setup is sufficient to run it. I'm afraid I'll need new video cards.

Zakilevo

« Reply #13: April 06, 2011, 08:40:32 AM »
DA: O was an awesome game :) spent dunno how many hours but got all the achievements :)
DA 2 was a bit let down for me however. Maybe I am not used to things changing so much.

There are just too many awesome games to look forward to this year :)

squishymaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: April 06, 2011, 01:42:00 PM »
Unfortunatly as far as most likely goes I believe Diablo 3 will be next year.

For me I'm waiting for Dues Ex Human Revolution and Red Faction Armageddon.